Newbie near Penrith, Cumbria

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humbug

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, just starting from scratch this year. I've got myself signed-up for a course starting in April which lasts half-a-dozen weekend-mornings. Are there any beekeepers near Penrith that could lend a friendly ear every now and again?
(and possibly help with some healthy bees at some point?)

Welcome Buzz, dig the name. Good luck with the bees. Dont suppose you would consider a change of name, might confuse some of us on here. PS. love the Avitor

change of username

Dear buzz lightyear - yes I am happy to change my user name (if I can...) -might as well do it early on. Not sure how to though....do I need to start afresh?
(You probably guessed but the username search-engine did not bring your name up when I was racking my brains to try to pick something original...sorry)

Shoot me a pm with the name you want and I will change it for you,I will send an email to confirm I have done it.

just to say once again, welcome to the forum! I have found it a most helpful place to get help / advice / comments, there are some very experianced beeks on here. You will gain alot. Hope you get fixed up with someone in Penrith

Changed my call-sign (that's my 'handle' if you're from the States)

thanks Buzz Lightyear...I've had a bit of a false start, but not to worry, I'm up-and-running once again under my new alter-ego identity - Humbug...(get it?) ;-)

Brief synopsis - 50 years young with a penchant for American V-twin motorcycles and more recently bees...is still looking for that benevolent person in the Penrith area who can take me under his wing (I also come complete with a 12 year old son who is as keen as me to get started this season)

not much luck so far...

ooo er...promise I won't bite (too hard)

Hi, I am part of Penrith Beekeeping society and we are having a meeting this sunday at 2:30pm if you want to travel out to Temple Sowerby.

Latest posts

Back