Newbie from Worcester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Simon,
I have bog standard British National hives. I am a relatively new bee keeper and learning from my mistakes all the time.
I am happy to share my experiences with you and show you my setup when the COVID restrictions are lifted.
However, I don’t know how to send you a private message with my contact details without it being visible to all on the forum. Any ideas?

Not at all controversial , as JBM pointed out its just a different style and its easier on your back. They're a few people who use this forum that maintain/use long hives of different types.
I agree, not really controversial, just different. I built one last year and it’s fun but different to using nationals although I use nation frames.
I’m glad I started with nationals as manipulations are much easier but if you read the right books or get the right mentor you’ll be fine.
I agree re finding the right site as I’d hate to try to move mine now!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Simon,
I have bog standard British National hives. I am a relatively new bee keeper and learning from my mistakes all the time.
I am happy to share my experiences with you and show you my setup when the COVID restrictions are lifted.
However, I don’t know how to send you a private message with my contact details without it being visible to all on the forum. Any ideas?
Click on Simon name Freebs, and there should be an option to start a conversation click on that.
Add a sub title for the message, write your message at the bottom it should say start conversation click on that and your message will show up sent.
These messages are pm messages.

You will see the message at the top via the envelope next to your avitar picture.

Not at all controversial , as JBM pointed out its just a different style and its easier on your back. They're a few people who use this forum that maintain/use long hives of different types.
Thanks, I suppose it’s from a few f/b groups I have joined almost everyone says as a newbie you must start with a national or WBC, but I like the idea of not having
Hi Simon,
Hi, yeah click on my avatar picture of my profile and it will come up with start conversation and off you go. Look forward to hearing from you.

Latest posts

Back