Newbie from Normandy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs whitecat

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello! I'm looking forward to gaining information for my new interest. I'm (actively) retired, and am fortunate to have a reasonably sized garden with lots of planted wildflower areas. I've got a couple of hives (Dadant type which is the standard one here in France). One has a previously wintered swarm, the other I've just recently acquired. Last month I harvested 6 litres of honey from my first hive's super and since then I've added a couple of additional supers. I've read (in the excellent Haynes Bee Manual) that I should be removing the supers this month in preparation for wintering. I'm hoping to get some more honey harvest from them and would like your good advice if I should just do a simple scrape and gravity method, or go for a slightly more advanced route (Extracteur miel tangentiel Bee Mini manuel 2 cadres de hausse Dadant ou 2 cadres Langstroth).
Many thanks in advance.

:welcome:
Depends how much honey: under a super full of frames, manual scrape as an extractor can waste a bit of honey cleaning up

Hello and welcome. How long ago did you start beekeeping?:)

Hi,

I am a beekeeper and have a second home in Normandy. Whereabout are you in Normandy? I don’t keep bees in France, but if your near I would like to give you advice and help. I have been keeping bees for over 18 years.

Welcome to you too, Gary.

Hi,

I am a beekeeper and have a second home in Normandy. Whereabout are you in Normandy? I don’t keep bees in France, but if your near I would like to give you advice and help. I have been keeping bees for over 18 years.
Please move to Cote d’Amour and come help me lol

Latest posts

Back