• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

newbie after an hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a really nice national send hivemaker a private message.

Darren.

how good are you with tools and wood?

do you have the time to build your own and why just look at wood?

there are several people on the forum that produce hives of any sort all cheaper than "THEM" and proberly of much better quality and service

personaly if you are buying i would suggest unless you have made your mind up, a poly hive?, over this very cold winter i am sure that anyone with poly is better off than wood( heratic statement)

if you are a diy demon and just happen o have free/cheap supply of wood build your own plans and information are free.

or buy the rights off me to have a franchise of a hedge row bee shed its only £27,500( plus bees at avery reasonble £1 each)lol:svengo::svengo:

how good are you with tools and wood?

do you have the time to build your own and why just look at wood?

there are several people on the forum that produce hives of any sort all cheaper than "THEM" and proberly of much better quality and service

personaly if you are buying i would suggest unless you have made your mind up, a poly hive?, over this very cold winter i am sure that anyone with poly is better off than wood( heratic statement)

if you are a diy demon and just happen o have free/cheap supply of wood build your own plans and information are free.

or buy the rights off me to have a franchise of a hedge row bee shed its only £27,500( plus bees at avery reasonble £1 each)lol:svengo::svengo:

You selling bees at bee low market price Pete? I would expect at least £1.50 per bee :laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

i thought i would start selling them cheap untill the season starts then i was going to charge the national rip off rate of £1:75 each , plus delivery and plus wings, and plus legs and plus any thing else i can think of ha ha ha ha ha should work out at £3 a bee

on a serous point here we are laughing at the prices some people will try to charge you before buying sticka post up saying how much you are planning on paying and from whom and we will help you out, look first towards your local bee keepers assoc as they will supply the better nucs that are avalible to you

Hello Slider,

You are more than capable of making your own hives etc I believe, but what type of hive have you decided to look for?

Have you done or sorted out a beekeeping course with the Worcester BKA at Bromsgrove at all or approached/joined the Hagley & Stourbridge BKA yet?

You'll have to move fast if you want one in time for your birthday. :)

Apply to the Co-op.Online They are giving cash to new bee keepers to buy hive- and I think bees

Hello Slider,

You are more than capable of making your own hives etc I believe, but what type of hive have you decided to look for?

Have you done or sorted out a beekeeping course with the Worcester BKA at Bromsgrove at all or approached/joined the Hagley & Stourbridge BKA yet?

You'll have to move fast if you want one in time for your birthday. :)

me and the wife did a practical course sat just gone run by chris from saltway honey . a bloody great afternoon , my wife is booked on a weekend course with chris in a couple of weeks time ,
i am asking about the hives has when i started keeping chickens i spent a fortune which now i know i need not have spent

was looking at national hives but would consider a poly one as well and trying to bear in mind that i will need another start of next seaon .

looking forward to it :)

You chose a very good tutor Slider. You might end up appreciating the real benefits of Poly Langstroths more than most.

I'm sure that you will enjoy your course. With luck the weather will start to show more promise in a fortnight's time. :grouphug:

You chose a very good tutor Slider. You might end up appreciating the real benefits of Poly Langstroths more than most.

I'm sure that you will enjoy your course. With luck the weather will start to show more promise in a fortnight's time. :grouphug:

yes was quite impressed with the polys

Yes, I've had a hive off this chap, although have had far far more nuc boxes from him than hives!

The hive was sturdy and practical but still not a cedar hive such as those made by Hivemaker or a couple of other small-scale manufacturers (however, far superior to a T****s cedar seconds).

It will do the job. Just don't expect it to last as long as a cedar hive.

Yes, I've had a hive off this chap, although have had far far more nuc boxes from him than hives!

The hive was sturdy and practical but still not a cedar hive such as those made by Hivemaker or a couple of other small-scale manufacturers (however, far superior to a T****s cedar seconds).

It will do the job. Just don't expect it to last as long as a cedar hive.

many thanks for advice:cheers2:

fragile hives from fragile planet - nifty marketing name but not much else from what I hear

Back