Newbeeks in Showland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
I've done my first show entry today - runny honey - outwardly claiming not to expect much, though inwardly the competetive nature is roaring loud

Any other new beeks braving their produce in shows over the coming months?

Wish I could Monsieur Abeile, but no honey for me this year:.( Decided I needed more bees so forsaked the honey.
But next next year, watch this space......

Dont do what member Grizzly did.

Had no honey the first year so entered a picture instead.
Got best in show and upset the old guard.

I entered Honiton Ag. Show Honey events, but with baking. Got a 1st and 2 3rds - you'll be cool...hope the locals are friendly though...

Yes, but you're judged to a standard not against each other so it doesn't matter how many entrants there are.

Well done.

Ian

Got nothing for my honey in 5 classes but got a third ticket for my cake of wax in the Shrewsbury Flower Show. I didn't expect or hope for anything but am over the moon for what I did get. My wine on the other hand did fantastically. Entered in 7 classes and had a second for mead (gorgeous), a third, a very highly commended and a highly commended. Amazing really as the third place was for some parsley wine I made in 1997.:cheers2: hic, hic.:blush5:

How brave to enter!

Got the schedule for the National Honey Show-so many rules and I couldn't work out if I had medium or dark honey-there is probably a comparison chart I havent found yet

Think I will go to have a look in October and perhaps enter next year

Good luck
Worldsend

Latest posts

Back