New to beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I just got my bees last Sunday and moved the frames from the nuc to their new home on Tuesday. I checked them yeaterday - Saturday and the bees are drawing out the wax frames in the new frames. But I havn't fed them and I noticed that although there are lavae in various stages there are also some cells with what looks like dead larvae in them. The were not there when frames first put into hive I think. Also I can't see the queen. This is I am sure down to my inexperience. Should I be worried, should I feed the bees should I leave them alone for a week. I wish I had paid more attention on my bee course!

Welcome to the forum, and the crazy world of beekeeping!

Larvae in all stages is always good. If you can see eggs too, (look really hard in the cells that appear empty next to those with larvae in them) you're laughing.

FG

Thank you for the replys. Yes I can see eggs and lavae at all stages. I wish I could spot the queen but if there are eggs she must be there. I am going away for two weeks so I will be able to leave the bees in peace. If I was here I would be pestering them every day!! So its just as well I won't be able to. The weather is awful here today but we have a field full of white and purple clover and all sorts of wild flowers, plus the garden so hopefully they will have enough frorage.

Latest posts

Back