New to beekeeping - should I write a blog?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timaye100

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi guys,

I have a question and would value your input.

Essentially, I am a new beekeeper and I am keen to share my my experiences in the first couple of years of beekeeping. I am thinking of creating a blog to honestly document my efforts at bee keeping - including failures, wins and mistakes. Everying from setting up to getting honey in jars.

What I am NOT doing is attempting to do is create a "funny" blog in genre of the Bad Beekeepers Club.

Do you think this is helpful? I am very keen not to encourage the "puppy at christmas" time type enthusiasm.

Thoughts and advice very welcome.

All the best
Tim

Last edited:
It would be interesting and I think some of the comments with comparable tales would be benificial to others to come, or at least of interest. I think a website or similar would be better which is what we are thinking of doing just to keep a sort of diary of what we did and are doing to bees and garden,,, on here ... not sure how it would sit but twist admins arm... he may have an idea of what could be done..

Hi guys,

Essentially, I am a new beekeeper and I am keen to share my my experiences in the first couple of years of beekeeping. I am thinking of creating a blog to honestly document my efforts at bee keeping - including failures, wins and mistakes. Everying from setting up to getting honey in jars.

What I am NOT doing is attempting to do is create a "funny" blog in genre of the Bad Beekeepers Club.

Do you think this is helpful? I am very keen not to encourage the "puppy at christmas" time type enthusiasm.

All the best
Tim

look at this link on this forum
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/blog.php?do=bloglist

repy

I am thinking of adding more "rich" content to help other and that is available world wide and findable via google.

Deinitely info on siting

Pictures

Maybe a video

What do you think?

Hi guys,

All the best
Tim

IOf you're not interested in necessarily attracting any attention, Tim, just do it.

I'm sure it will be useful. I mean to do one myself, but it's a bit of a busman's holiday for me and I don't know if I'll bother.

I'm sure you'll find it useful for yourslef If nothing else.

Maybe I will.

I have been keeping a full diary of my activities, both highs and lows since I got my first bees last May. I am putting all sorts of things into it which have been advised, recipes for things for the bees etc. Obviously this is just for myself, but have already found it useful to look back on and see how my understanding is changing.
Louise

Hi guys,

All the best
Tim

"Keep a diary when you are young, It will keep you when you ar old"

Mae West.

Oh no, not another beekeeping blog. I mean, do something more positive with your time.

:iagree: Sign of the times I think. Perhaps useful for one beginner to write about their experiences, for would-be beginners- that would be bees at the bottom of the garden.

I keep a bee diary, but I don't expect other people to read it.

I totally fail to understood the current obssesion with blogging - (even the word is ugly) in 99% of the time its contents is as dull as websites created by those who feel the need to tell others about their dog and their car. Most of the time, no one else cares.

So not for me, but if you wnt to spend your time doing it then its a free world and why not. Maybe you will be the exception in creating something to amuse or inform.

I totally fail to understood the current obssesion with blogging - (even the word is ugly) in 99% of the time its contents is as dull as websites created by those who feel the need to tell others about their dog and their car. Most of the time, no one else cares.

So not for me, but if you wnt to spend your time doing it then its a free world and why not. Maybe you will be the exception in creating something to amuse or inform.

Most of them should have the L left out.

I was on the blog today :-

Not a pretty sight :biggrinjester:

I am doing a beekeeping blog but more for my own record keeping and for a few of my friends and family members to follow. I have family overseas and is easy for them to follow through a blog. At the moment there isn't much in my blog as I haven't yet got any bees but will hopefully be getting some this year with a aim of having 2-3 hives by end of year

Latest posts

Back