Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Brosville,I will have a scan of it later this evening.
2 problems already though before reading:

1/ Its a report thats not independent with no axe to grind.
2/ by saying its 52 pages sounds like you think the thickness of the document gives it more credence than a one page report.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
"not independant with no axe to grind" - that would, of course, be totally unlike the "couldn't possibly be anything to do with pesticides" barrage of articles, "reports", weasellisms, and "hush money" from major suppliers of agrotoxins.......... at least this lot are open and upfront about their motivations, and "who's paying the piper"
As to the reference to "52 pages", it was merely a "heads up" to anyone tempted to skate through it, it's something that needs awhile to digest.......
(which is why I refrained from making any comment whatsoever, just pointed out the article - I'm up to my ears in lawn mowing and chook-house fettling, and haven't yet had the time......):)

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I new I would get a reply Bros ;):cheers2:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thats funny Bros,we should not laugh as we are not exactly mainstream keeping bee's.

There is one group called Pondlife,I thought that was what the BBKA called this forum :laughing-smiley-004

SJH 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
2 + nuc
Very good report, it's great that the pressure remains high. The report does say it, but it needs to be said louder the domestic user is to blame also. It is all to easy to forget the home user spraying roses to kill aphids with a bug-gun,which contains the same Neonicotioids such as Imidachloprid, and it's bought from any garden centre.

Last edited:

SJH 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
2 + nuc
5.5.1 Page 14 "Imidacloprid has also been found to increase the fecundity and longevity of the Two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae)." Fecundity - breeds more. This is a terrifying, Varroa is another mite.

5.5.11 Page 18 -19. "Another study found imidacloprid levels of 10 μg/kg* within pollen cakes caused a 20% reduction in the number of brood cells, and so consumption was negatively affecting nurse bees or contaminating brood food"

Are your pollen cakes treated with Imidachloprid? Suppliers out there, it is probably time to check.

10 μg/kg is the equivalent of 1 second in 3.2 years.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
DEFRA, being a wholly-owned subsidiary of Big Agrochem Plc would say that.... Need I remind anyone that DEFRA are the lot that took over where the Min of Ag and Fish left off - who STILL will not admit the dangers of organo-phosphates, as it would cost the government too much to pay compensation to all the widows of those who died using it, and the many people crippled for life from it.....for years, our representatives told us it was safe, and forced people to use it as sheep dip, until even they couldn't manage to hush up the body-count.

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Yes i remember MAFF, they were the lot who made a bit of a pigs ear of the foot and mouth outbreak,then had the bright idea to just change there name to DEFRA, and its got nothing to do with us.........same people though.

Latest posts