New queen rearing products added.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Was looking at queen rearing stuff on buzzybeeshop and noticed a few new lines have been added in the last few days.

Have you got some new stock in Marcros?

I just ordered some stuff from Derbyshire because I never new you stocked it.

Was looking at queen rearing stuff on buzzybeeshop and noticed a few new lines have been added in the last few days.

Have you got some new stock in Marcros?

I just ordered some stuff from Derbyshire because I never new you stocked it.

Yeah, i have got the Jz Bz range in, to see how it will sell. There are some wierd and wonderful bits in it, like the battery boxes. Probably limited appeal, but I am wondering whether I can put queens from the incubator into there as they hatch, with some communal nurse bees. I believe that Hivemaker uses a piece of mesh to contain hatched queens and a few bees onto a piece of comb, because they go downhill very quickly if left in the incubator.

I have also got some small paint brushes for grafting, and have replenished the products that were out of stock.

Frames will be next I think, so that it should be possible to just buy one and some cups and get going, or one for the cupkit system. I am not very accurate for making bits, and they have a habit of looking a bit botched, there must be others like me who dont want to make their own. (Dont worry, I will get these made rather than make them myself!!!)

All the best
Mark

Always put some queen candy in your cages in the incubator to tide them over during the wee hours if they hatch at night.

Or have them hatch in the top super of a good hive in cages of course... Never seen it affect HM down stairs. ;)

Just sent you an order too. :)

PH

Latest posts

Back