New QE from Th**nes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBRNoTB

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
7: 1 KTBH . 3 14x12 , 1 Long fondationless 14x12 + 2 Nat +some empty ones :(
Had my orange plastic QEs replaced with white ones by Th**nes, only to find the same thing happening with the new ones (bees struggling to get through, if at all) Th**nes say they will replace again with Zinc type. Anyone else had the same problem?
Regards
TBRNoTB

Yes - I had my hives looked at the other day, by a local experienced beekeeper. We found 4/5 bees trapped in it...some replacement!

Had my orange plastic QEs replaced with white ones by Th**nes, only to find the same thing happening with the new ones (bees struggling to get through, if at all) Th**nes say they will replace again with Zinc type. Anyone else had the same problem?
Regards
TBRNoTB

They sent me a Zink one to replace a white one the other day...Gave thema phone call and it was done.

Is that the white 'natural' QE from th**nes?

I have 10 of them, but so far afaik most seem to work or at least I thought so!!

Regards
TBRNoTB

Yep. Got my pressed steel ones through yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Is that the white 'natural' QE from th**nes?

I have 10 of them, but so far afaik most seem to work or at least I thought so!!

yup thats the ones. If you call them they will send out new steel ones and let you keep the ones you have

Now there's a novel reason for the delay in my order ! All these QXs too-ing and frow-ing !!! :banghead:

John Wilkinson

As a newy this year at it being! saw Th*** call about QE , when comparing the plastic one with a zinc replacement the slots are the same dimensions, BUT, the thickness is the difference.

Hope that makes sense.

Ian

Now there's a novel reason for the delay in my order ! All these QXs too-ing and frow-ing !!! :banghead:

John Wilkinson

Me too. 10 flipping days and counting for some frame runners and a grafting tool :mad:

Me too. 10 flipping days and counting for some frame runners and a grafting tool :mad:
:nopity:

Look on the bright side it just took them 4 week to deliver my order! Then it was short of an item I ordered, so i had to wait a further 4 weeks to get that shipped.

Total order time 8 weeks!

Companies get too big, complacency steps in and BANG they're in trouble !!

Smaller more efficient outfits offer a personal touch and poach their clients!

Funny how they only spot their short comings when it's too late :bigear:

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back