New publication from RP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't deleted ... it was moved to a more appropriate thread by the looks of it .... still there 'hands/face/bottom' ?

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/just-for-some-fun-an-excuse-to-smile.48955/page-29Post #580

Ha, ha: that post on Oct 9th was a second attempt to post the cartoon - successful this time! I first posted when the cartoon came out in ?June, my title "Interesting cartoon in today's Times" in "Off topic" section. I remember posting at c. 10pm and received one 'like' by 1030 but the post had disappeared next day. Who is the humourless moderator??!!

I remember posting at c. 10pm and received one 'like' by 1030 but the post had disappeared next day. Who is the humourless moderator??!!
Well there’s 2 your talking with and……😉

Ha, ha: that post on Oct 9th was a second attempt to post the cartoon - successful this time! I first posted when the cartoon came out in ?June, my title "Interesting cartoon in today's Times" in "Off topic" section. I remember posting at c. 10pm and received one 'like' by 1030 but the post had disappeared next day. Who is the humourless moderator??!!
Not me ... and I don't think it's Dani ... so not sure ... I'll have a look.

It's still there ... as you started it ... with the cartoon. There's no moderator edit or notes on it ... Sorry - it looks as though someone has moved it to the Pesticides/Political section where, to be honest, it was probably destined to go once a few comments has been added. If you want to see it then you have to request to be let in to that section as it's not publicly visible ... Once you have access to that section you will have the three stars under your profile and you will see the threads/posts in that section - you need a thick skin sometimes .... not for the faint hearted.

Here you are:

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/hands-face-bottom.50762/

Last edited:
Not me. I’m in bed by 10.30 these days.

To be fair the three of us have to answer to the owners. I’ve left posts which have then been removed and I’ve been upbraided about them. We can’t always get it right and sometimes we can all have a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the odd post. We all have a different sense of humour. Some more absurd than others. The only person who is always right is …….. fill in as appropriate.

....... two others.
Amari, have you contacted the admin team for clarity? Better idea than on the forum, it saves all the insinuation.
To be fair the three of us have to answer to the owners. I’ve left posts which have then been removed and I’ve been upbraided about them. We can’t always get it right and sometimes we can all have a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the odd post. We all have a different sense of humour. Some more absurd than others. The only person who is always right is …….. fill in as appropriate.

Many thanks. In no way did I feel aggrieved that my post was removed, just rather pleased when I sneaked it onto a different forum three months later!
So, continuing my light-hearted thoughts, I wonder if JBM was the censor? After all, we all know him to be a gently-nurtured soul, of all the moderators surely the most likely to wish to protect forumites from anything that might offend - such as face/hands/bottoms.......?

The moderation is light and posts that are abusive, personally directed, deliberately argumentative or contain matter not fit for a public forum are the only ones that get moderator attention.
In my experience they only get moderated when the abused party has the temerity to reply in kind, otherwise the antagonist (usually one of the usual suspects ;)) gets away with it.

Many thanks. In no way did I feel aggrieved that my post was removed, just rather pleased when I sneaked it onto a different forum three months later!
So, continuing my light-hearted thoughts, I wonder if JBM was the censor? After all, we all know him to be a gently-nurtured soul, of all the moderators surely the most likely to wish to protect forumites from anything that might offend - such as face/hands/bottoms.......?
Not me - I ain't a mod, someone gave me my soul back

no understanding of up to date research into the mating of bees/drone congregation/how queens avoid mating with close relatives.
Are you referring to the research that found that Virgin Queens 80% of the time fly to the next (nearest) Drone Congregation Area (DCA) and only 20% of the time fly to the nearest DCA: And that Drones fly to the nearest DCA 80% of the time and the next (nearest) only 20% of the time?

Beebe, as a newish member, you have missed loads of challenges to the existing dogma, particularly that practiced and taught by the BBKA (one of the initial reasons the forum was set up in the first place). What gets short shrift is two year two hive experts preaching, without evidence or knowledge.

Your second sentence says everything about the attitude of a small number of haughty individuals on this forum who can rarely accept an alternative or enquiring point of view about anything.
I'm trying to work out how you can know that someone is one of the, " two year two hive experts" and even if any such person should "preach", why they can't have something to offer after two years?

Your second sentence says everything about the attitude of a small number of haughty individuals on this forum who can rarely accept an alternative or enquiring point of view about anything.
A bit like life in general really?
Is the publication in question a case in point?

I'm trying to work out how you can know that someone is one of the, " two year two hive experts" and even if any such person should "preach", why they can't have something to offer after two years?
Now that is likely an imponderable.....

A bit like life in general really?
Is the publication in question a case in point?

Now that is likely an imponderable.....

Life is like that, but in real life, once encountered, I tend to avoid future interactions with people who engage in destructive discussion....here they come for me!

From the sound of it I've been fortunate never to meet R.P. and maybe he would be someone I would dodge if I had done so. But I have found some of his writings quite thought provoking; bearing in mind my naivety, some of what he says makes as much sense as some of what I've read here.....that's a compliment by the way. I probably won't read his book as it's too expensive and isn't exactly being sold to me here!

As regards ponderability , if an experienced person such as R.P. can be so widely claimed to be wrong in so many respects, it seems quite possible that a person who has more recently come to beekeeping and does not carry the taint (or otherwise) of the BBKA may have some more valid opinions.

Like in most walks of life There are those who talk the talk and those walk the walk. I prefer to listen to those with proven track records who clearly know what they are talking about. Not those with ideas who assume they are right and expect to be listened to. I am pleased to that on here there are far more sensible experienced voices than I have come across any where else in the beekeeping world ( maybe with the exception of BFA) and certainly more sense than I have ever witnessed in a local BKA or any other forum. It's just a case of wading through the noise. Oh and anyone who trusted to claim an original idea or name a process or piece of equipment after themselves clearly only talks the talk!!!!!!!

Back to the OP: I've attended a couple of talks by RP. On both occasions his dog slept peacefully underneath the desk/table from which RP was presenting his gospel. Still the case I wonder?

Amari ... I've already said ... the post was not removed - it was MOVED to the cupboard under the stairs where all things political end up ... the only reason you could not (and still cannot) view it is because you need to request access to that section of the forum - which is always granted. Ask and you shall receive and the veil will be lifted from thine eyes ....

43:20 minutes into the Lecture "Challenge What You Are Told" by Roger patterson, the Subject MATCHSTICKS is mentioned.... he ends by saying "There's a lot of noisy know-alls in beekeeping... they ought to be ignored"

Overall it's a good lecture, presented in a individualistic manner, I would imagine the book is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back