Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
52 year old Martin Smith, the newly elected President of the BBKA speaking immediately after the 2010 Annual Delegates Meeting (ADM) on Saturday January 16, said:
The meeting also confirmed, by an increased margin, the policy voted on at the 2009 ADM, of endorsing a long established group of pesticides. These are synthetic pyretheroids that, due to their repellent effect, have been shown to have caused almost no reported incidents of bee colony losses over many years. Delegates were firmly of the opinion that if farmers were going to use a pesticide, we would want them to use one of the endorsed products rather than a product which could be more toxic to bees.
==============
Is the new policy at the BBKA "better the devil you know"?

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
And the product which isn't toxic is....???

I just look forward to seeing the farmer late at night spraying when the bees have returned to the hive. And will duck to avoid flying pigs!!!!

wojciech 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
And the product which isn't toxic is....???

I just look forward to seeing the farmer late at night spraying when the bees have returned to the hive. And will duck to avoid flying pigs!!!!
I found a contractor spraying a herbicide onto my hives from the OSR in the field adjoining my hives last September, which he admitted to contain some pesticide. This was at midday and he told me that he was not obliged to avoid my hives as his spray only contained a small amount of pesticide. I then found about 30 dead bees on the crown board of one of my hives. How they will get through the winter I do'nt know but if they do'nt and I lose one of my first colonies as a beginner I can thank Martin Smith !!!!

How disgusting that the powers that be at the BBKA can now gloat that the policy that they brought in by stealth of subservience and servility to big business has been accepted by their members. Do I really want to continue as a member of this organisation ?

Latest posts