Quantcast

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
None of my own
Question probably for Admin. I use the New Posts button almost exclusivly to pull up unread posts. However, something (and I'm not sure what, amount of time spent logged in perhaps) resets this list often before I've had a chance to read the 20 odd threads that have been posted overnight.

What would you say is the best way to view recent unread threads? I see when there are no threads viewable under New Posts there is an option to view threads made in the past 24 hours - is that getttable at elsewhere, or is there a better way?

Thanks

harveyzone 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives

GingerNut 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Question probably for Admin. I use the New Posts button almost exclusivly to pull up unread posts. However, something (and I'm not sure what, amount of time spent logged in perhaps) resets this list often before I've had a chance to read the 20 odd threads that have been posted overnight.

What would you say is the best way to view recent unread threads? I see when there are no threads viewable under New Posts there is an option to view threads made in the past 24 hours - is that getttable at elsewhere, or is there a better way?

Thanks
The best way is from the new posts screen, open each thread you want to read in a new tab...........most modern browsers do this with a 'middle click'.......you then just close the tab and return to the new posts list.

Then when you have read all the threads you want, hit the 'new posts' button again to update.

Yours Roy

Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
None of my own
Thanks Tom, Roy. Both methods will work after a fashion - had hoped there was an easier way though. Currently tend to do what RAB mentioned in the previous thread, work backwards and then when the list dissapears go through the remainder on the Beekeeping Forum

iball 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I just hit the back button to get back to the new posts page without it refreshing.

Ian

Latest posts