New post at BBKA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I see Tim Lovett has been offered a newly created post of Public Affairs Director. Is this a salaried post?? Thought we were short of cash - certainly not any to help new out - apiaries.
And if the next President is good at his job at selling us down the river to a chemical firm - will a new post be created for him - this has a familiar ring to it- called Government!!!

Yes I also like the way it was tucked in somewhere near the back of latest BBKA news.
I think it will not go down well. There is no point in having such a role unless it comes with authority to make important decisions. But if anyone is going to be granted that level of authority then totally bypassing any kind of election is a kick in the teeth for all BBKA members.

and makes a complete mockery of the lame "excuse" weaselled by them that without the filthy money from the poisoners that fees would have to rise!:svengo:

That doesnt wash - a piddling £1:50 each. Next excuse.....????? B......s

You may have a problem with that!

In the past the BBKA have been documented as saying they dont have time for any questions not connected to anything thats not already on the agenda*.

*The world of the bee farmer(j.Rawson page 178)

It can be addressed by either suspension of standing orders, or an urgency proposition, as detailed below...

URGENCY PROPOSITIONS No Proposition, or Amendment arising from that Proposition, shall be accepted or moved if it has not first appeared on the agenda, unless ‘LEAVE OF URGENCY’ is granted by the Meeting. An Urgency Proposition shall be given in writing to the Chairman before the Meeting, and the text shall be displayed or circulated to the Delegates. Urgency Propositions should (a) address a matter of major concern and (b) that matter should have come to the proposer’s notice unavoidably too late to be included in the normal procedure.

Latest posts

Back