New pics posted.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
I received some good ones last inspection, so I thought I'd share a few. Uploaded backwards again, lol. I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks Alan, they look good don't they.....a nice little colony :)

Get a pair of overalls or beekeeping trousers on top of the trackie!

(nice piccy's btw)

Not seeing any pics on this thread? Are they somewhere else?

PH

Nice pics. I agree with previous posters dark track suit bottoms and jeans are not a good idea - the bees do not like the dark colours - add a pair of white over trousers to the Christmas list:coolgleamA:

Get a pair of overalls or beekeeping trousers on top of the trackie!

(nice piccy's btw)

Thanks tony, I now have a pair of bee keeping white trousers, they were a gift from a kind person who has given me lots of support ;)

I was wearing jeans underneath them. I was the best i could do as we were only given the smocks at the time. Anyhow, thankfully, they didn't seem to bother with them. Although I must admit, i do feel much better protected now with the proper kit :p

I am amazed at how fast they are filling the space. With them being my first experience of bees, it is the first time I've seen how quickly they work. I remember the first time I heard about how much feed you give them, lol, I thought you might give them a little puddle or something - not litres of stuff!

I am amazed at how fast they are filling the space. With them being my first experience of bees, it is the first time I've seen how quickly they work. I remember the first time I heard about how much feed you give them, lol, I thought you might give them a little puddle or something - not litres of stuff!

loooooooool

kaz
Am I right in looking at your pics that you have no frame runners or is it machined in the ply, if not then those frames will be well stuck next spring, just an observation

kaz
Am I right in looking at your pics that you have no frame runners or is it machined in the ply, if not then those frames will be well stuck next spring, just an observation

The brood frames are wider at the tops, so the extra wood is supposed to make the space, can't think what those frames are called? Is it hoffman? In the super they are just straight frames, as my hoopers suggests I've just read lol. They aren't fancy hives, no runners, just a temp home as their final hive is being alterered to have an observation window fitted so the kids can see in without disturbing them too much. They will be over wintered in this though.

or is it manley frames? i'll have to have a look now or it will bug me :eek:

or is it manley frames? i'll have to have a look now or it will bug me :eek:

Looks like Hoffman frames (self spacing) in both the brood chamber and super. Nice pictures as well.

Last edited:
nice looking pics. lovely lookin bees. I was told to tuck my suit into my gloves cause bees crawl up not down so if suit into gloves they crawl up and over and onto sleve but suit over gloves then they end up IN your sleve.

Back