New nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a lovely new nuc made from splitting a hive some weeks ago that had queencells. It is actually in a brood box not a nuc box as I really wasn't even sure it would work. However there is lots of brood and they have been taking down loads of feed. I was wondering if I should move them into a poly nuc box for overwintering as there are only three frames of brood. Or should I leave well alone and just insulate where they are? Thank you for reading and I look forward to your response.

I did precisely that an hour ago. Put them into a poly nuc.

As for big green feeders well..... gies a hint eh? Maker hive type those wee details to narrow it down a tad please? :)

PH

Welcome Susan, depends on local conditions really. If winter is coming then Poly nuc, if you are still in summer then ... No hurry!

Would it be better to transfer the bees during the day or in the evening. I am guessing evening as there may be less wasps around?

During the day. If you are really worried then reduce the entrance.

PH

Now moved. I have also feed them. I couldn't actually find the queen when moving them but I am sure she must be there.....I hope.

Back