New Mk2 Beehaus on the way..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfwhitewizard

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Sadly we had quite a big fire on Sunday in the home apiary..long story but essentially the fence caught alight and without our knowledge burnt 25' of panels.

Amongst the damage our Beehaus suffered damage from the extreme heat as did my forearm trying to put out the fire! None the less the colony both sides survived and in fact the queen was looking to lay when i inspected them after the mayhem!

I think a credit to Omlet as it stood up to extreme heat without a detriment to the bees! In comparison our WBC didn't stop fanning for about 4+ hours, whereas the beehaus resumed normal considering the circumstances i think not bad.

When i called Omlet and the insurance company they told me that they have a new design/modification beehaus, which we are taking delivery of tomorrow. Be interested to see it and as for the smoker, well it's being replaced for liquid smoke!

When it happened the wife reminded me about a beek in Ashford who burnt his barn almost to the ground when he "thought" his smoker was out......a cautionary tale.......

Report to follow on the new beehaus version 2

A timely (well would have been before the rain) warning for not using, or taking extreme care in using, smokers in dry conditions.

Glad all ok(ish).

I agree...thanks for comments. Only real sad loss was 3 Apideas melted beyond recognizition of the 3 we have lost 1 queen completely, 1 failed and 1 has emerged.

When i called Omlet and the insurance company they told me that they have a new design/modification beehaus, which we are taking delivery of tomorrow. Be interested to see it a

Look forward to seeing it, post some pics or try and point out the chnages.

The omlet site has a new video on about the beehaus and you can see some chnages to the cover boards and supers

http://www.omlet.co.uk/tv/?page=watch_video&video_id=367&name=Introducing the Beehaus

Last edited:
Amongst the damage our Beehaus suffered damage from the extreme heat as did my forearm trying to put out the fire!k .......

Hope the arm recovers - burns hurt like hell!:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back