Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildflower 123

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi there, I have actually been a member before when I first thought about getting bees.
Life happened and I didn't get them at that time, but now I am determined to get going this year.
I have been to a theory course, and also had a look in someone elses apiary. Been to a few of the local bee clubs monthly meetings, bought a couple of full hives and a nuc, put out the word that I am looking for some bees to get started with, joined the BBKA, so I am ready to go.
I got home yesterday from a day out and found that someone was offering me a swarm. I've met the chap at the beeclub a few times. He collects swarms and is very knowledgeable so I feel confident that they will be decent bees to start me off.
They will be living not at my home which I thought was unsuitable, but at the home of a family who I found through asking on the Nextdoor app if anyone had a bit of land where I could keep some bees.
Very exciting and a little bit daunting now that its actually happening.

Yes ... welcome to the absorbing and challenging world of beekeeping and back to this forum where assistance is always available from the myriad of beeholics who frequent this place. Good luck with your swarm - many of us started out that way and hopefully they will be nice bees for you.

Back