Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobbydaler

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all I’m new to this forum, in fact this is the first forum if any kind I have joined! I’m new to bee keeping, I received my first nuc this spring and other than reading books I have limited knowledge moving forward so any moving forward will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi all I’m new to this forum, in fact this is the first forum if any kind I have joined! I’m new to bee keeping, I received my first nuc this spring and other than reading books I have limited knowledge moving forward so any moving forward will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome .. keep moving forward.. the learning never stops. This is great place to see what other beekeepers are up to .. the mistakes we all make and some ideas and innovations you won't find in any bee books.

:welcome:

The secret when starting beekeeping is to ensure the inevitable mistakes you make are small ones..

Welcome. Were you able to partake in any theory training prior to the lockdown and have you any support such as an association or a mentor? I know of a couple of associations at the southern end of North Yorkshire (Barkston Ash Beekeeping Association and Selby Beekeepers association) which you might benefit from if you are within reach of either.

Welcome. Were you able to partake in any theory training prior to the lockdown and have you any support such as an association or a mentor? I know of a couple of associations at the southern end of North Yorkshire (Barkston Ash Beekeeping Association and Selby Beekeepers association) which you might benefit from if you are within reach of either.
I didn’t get chance to do a beginners course because of Covid. I have joined my local club and have been lucky enough to have a neighbour who keeps bees. Hopefully this will get me through!?!

Welcome and good luck - Airedale beekeepers would be your local association I guess. I like "Cobbydale" - It has at least one really fine pub - the Kings Arms - though last time I was there the landlord was trying to sell up.

Welcome. :welcome:

Just keep this in mind: Ask two beekeepers a question and you will get three answers!

Latest posts

Back