New member, first post

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnofBlagdon

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've been a reader of this forum for some while, but this is my first post.

I hope I don't sound patronising if I say what a pleasure it is to be on here. There's almost no sniping, and more experienced beeks, in the main, answer questions without looking down on less experienced people. This is totally unlike other beekeeping forums, where egos reign supreme.

Please keep the high standard, guys and girls. I presume we're all here because we love beekeeping, want to get better at it, and help others to do the same.

Regards, John

Welcome to you john. I hope you enjoy your time on here.

welcome and enjoy this site realy does buzzzzz
my gramma is not up to scratch but no one has picked me up onit they just seem to be intrested in bees very rare for a forum :party:

welcome and enjoy this site realy does buzzzzz
my gramma is not up to scratch but no one has picked me up onit they just seem to be intrested in bees very rare for a forum :party:

Carnt do anyfing for yer grammer, but the spellchevker is a right click over ther werd an ya can pik from a drop darn list!

Hope your grannie get better soon !

Yeo Valley?..... I like my big Fergie!

Carnt do anyfing for yer grammer, but the spellchevker is a right click over ther werd an ya can pik from a drop darn list!

Hope your grannie get better soon !

Yeo Valley?..... I like my big Fergie!

na rite mous did nowt

welcome to the forum, hope you're not the sensitive type! LOL

Been reading here for several years, the advice given seems pretty sound.

Yeo Valley? Their main yoghurt plant is about 300 yards away, just over the hill, so we don't hear much. Can't say I'm turned on by tractors, especially when I'm stuck behind one in a narrow lane doing 20mph, and there aren't any passing places. This is rural Somerset, nothing happens here in a hurry!

Been reading here for several years, the advice given seems pretty sound.

Yeo Valley? Their main yoghurt plant is about 300 yards away, just over the hill, so we don't hear much. Can't say I'm turned on by tractors, especially when I'm stuck behind one in a narrow lane doing 20mph, and there aren't any passing places. This is rural Somerset, nothing happens here in a hurry!

One just down the road from us in Cannington, wife worked there long time ago.
Welcome again.
Regards
TBRNoTB

I'm blowed if I can work out how to edit my profile, as it's confession time - I'm gradually replacing my Nationals with Rose OSB's.

I've been looking at Tim Rowe's website for several years, bought the book, and it seems to make sense. I realised that although my back is OK at the moment, it may not stay that way. I like the ability to move store frames up and brood frames down at will, and having built a hive barrow, I can take off a few frames at a time if I wish, or if I want to take a whole lift off, I can transfer a few frames at a time into a spare lift on the barrow, so no real heavy lifting is required.

Well, that's off my chest! Now awaiting incoming... :)

Thanks for all the welcoming messages!

I'm blowed if I can work out how to edit my profile, as it's confession time - I'm gradually replacing my Nationals with Rose OSB's.

I've been looking at Tim Rowe's website for several years, bought the book, and it seems to make sense. I realised that although my back is OK at the moment, it may not stay that way. I like the ability to move store frames up and brood frames down at will, and having built a hive barrow, I can take off a few frames at a time if I wish, or if I want to take a whole lift off, I can transfer a few frames at a time into a spare lift on the barrow, so no real heavy lifting is required.

Well, that's off my chest! Now awaiting incoming... :)

Thanks for all the welcoming messages!

I think you click on the little pencil on each entry, maybe!!!:)

Welcome to the forum. Try the user cp in the top left of the home page

Latest posts

Back