New lad from Mansfield, Notts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Finally got a few bees in my hive which was donated to me by a friend ( a retired keeper). the hive was baited and stood for a few weeks before a swarm came to visit, 15 mins on it left as quick as it arrived. doh......

3 weeks on a smaller swarm came and stayed, a cast as my friend explained, anyhow 2 weeks on, they are still with me after transferring them to a small nuk and i'm feeding them twice a day......... brill.

I've located another, cast I believe and i'm keen to take this on as the location its in now, once the owners realize they will want it destroying.

i'm open for suggestions, i'll post pics later, but here's a link to my images elsewhere.

thanks, Martyn.

http://overthegate.myfreeforum.org/about29898.html

Are you following me ABM?

depends...... lol

evening by the way'

:welcome:

Hope you are mad: most beekeepers are .. so if you are, you will not be alone......

:welcome:What the bloody hell are you 2 herberts doing here?? you following me???

If the devil could cast his net.....

Abm,

Are you certain you should be feeding like stink? Doing so could mean that the stored syrup is blocking cells that the queen might want to lay in (she could/should be laying some eggs even now) and that means you will have fewer youg bees to live long enough to get through to spring. Your choice but I suggest you are a bit premature - towards end of Sept should be early enough as where I am, and you are not very far from me, there is still some forage with more to come when the ivy is in flower.

morning girls................:calmdown:

small world hey'.....

regards my feeding frenzy, there is no queen present, i'm purely helping these along and learning each day.

thanks for the pointers all the same,

Wasp activity has been drastically reduced now by simply removing the source which was a young willow tree. This was unreal to see the amount of sap it was giving up' which the wasps were there for, occasionally it looked like it was raining below which was sap. The lawn below was out of bounds for my 2 dogs in fear of stings.
Now the tree has had a grade 1 hair cut I'm hardly seeing wasps let alone burglars.....

Today I'm seeing quite a few bees returning with pollen trousers on.

Latest posts

Back