• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New keeper looking for Langstroths

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyTierling

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi everyone

I joined my local bee keeping association last October and I have just completed my college course in beekeeping.

I have organised a decent location for an apiary - used to be used my another member of the association.

So starting to get everything together and I thought it would be worth posting here on the off chance - looking for 2 langstroth jumbo hives (brood, 2 supers, floor, crown board and roof). If anybody has anything suitable they are thinking of selling I may be able to give them a good home :)

Based in the Southampton area

Hi everyone

I joined my local bee keeping association last October and I have just completed my college course in beekeeping.

I have organised a decent location for an apiary - used to be used my another member of the association.

So starting to get everything together and I thought it would be worth posting here on the off chance - looking for 2 langstroth jumbo hives (brood, 2 supers, floor, crown board and roof). If anybody has anything suitable they are thinking of selling I may be able to give them a good home :)

Based in the Southampton area

If you are starting out and looking at langstroth and/or langstroth jumbo, could I suggest that you have a look at the poly options. You will probably pick up what you are after brand new, for the price that you would pay for 2nd hand wooden. I have a jumbo and a couple of poly nucs, and wish that i had never seen a wooden hive!!

Might be worth looking at beeskneeshives,good prices and not far from you.

Hi Andy
Good luck with your search for gear, do your association not have any spare ?.
Just one word of advice, when i started i opted for Langstroth Jumbo, as it made sense, have you inspected a hive using these frames ?

Std Langstroth full of brood and stores can be awkward at times particularly as they have short lugs, but Jumbo gets even harder, and you dont want to drop one of those.

Fair play if you find them ok.

Latest posts

Back