New HGV hybrid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosti

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Was playing with the camera this morning and caught this greedy individual coming in for a heavy landing.

Last edited:
Great shot - need to experiment with my camera for some close up shots

That's some load she's carrying! I assume she has an equal amount on the other side or she'd be flying sideways lol :p

A very busy bee indeed ;)

u should enter that in the coutryfile calander photo competition.

Congrats on the excellent photo. Details of camera & exposure etc would be interesting. Definitely one for calendars & photo competitions.

The pollen baskets shot was taken @ 1/3200 on f2.8 / ISO 1000 using a Canon EOS 7D & an EF100mm FFL with Macro 1:1 facility. Some of us are comparing notes on the most effective / reliable macro method (see photography section for thread). Still learning the technique. The subject capture is OK but the shot quality is poor because I pushed ISO too far (grainy). The following shot (taken same session) was @ 1/4000 on f3.5 ISO 640 and is much better - but then the subject/composition is not as good. Just shows that good natural lighting is more important than the gear or the the photographer ...

Last edited:
Great shot,
Disagree with your 'greedy individual' interpretation though , this is the type of bee we would all wish to have , a real worker!
S

Fantastic pics, you should have one for your honey label.

Latest posts

Back