New here

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
Hi All

A friend pointed me in the right direction for this forum, so glad to have found it. Did a beekeeping course last year and have just purchased an organic hive from cornwall, maybe a bit different to start with but am looking forward to start. Have put myself on the waiting list for a nucleus

Looking forward to chatting

Precious

Hi Precious,

First of all welcome to the fantastic world of beekeeping.

Your photo shows a nice clean TBH (Top Bar Hive). If that is the way you are going to start beekeeping then good on you for trying a little bit different from the majority.

Your methods for the TBH will not be the same as for standard hives.
I must admit I do not know that much about TBH but there are members who use them or have used them, and I feel they are better qualified than myself to advise about the TBH.

Do not be withdrawn about asking questions as we all started out as newbees at one time.

Regards;

"Hello my precious"

Welcome to the forum just ask away and you will get lots of friendly advice a good bunch on here :cheers2:

Hi Bcrazy & Veg-thanks for your welcomes

I have done a lot of research on the top hive and the guy I bought it from has been using them for many years. He has been very helpful and offered help by way of email or phone if I encounter any problems

Precious

Precious,

The beekeeper who sold you the TBH will help you by e-mail or phone. That indicates the beekeeper does not live in London.
Does this beekeeper have his own forum similar to this one?

Regards;

Hedgerow Pete-Hi too

Bcrazy-no he doesn't have his own forum that I know of-but has a honey farm and does online courses via email or post. Not sure if allowed to post his web details here or not? I bought the hive off ebay and got to emailing him for questions etc

Precious

Latest posts

Back