New Good Life TV Program

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoroughly enjoyed this after I got in, great entertainment.

I going out to buy a couple of goats as soon as it stops raining. Perhaps best to tell the wife about her milking duties after purchase.

I am really tempted to get a couple as well, its just the milking!

I think I need to build an automated milking system, as I dont do early mornings. (a bit like for my automatic hen coop door)

Good for keeping the grass short? Will see more next week how the get on.

i a little more hard work or tried to take a slightly more serius ,

I think Pete that was the idea, a bit tongue in cheek,

Anyway, that now blows my plans for a Gem as the price of them will have just doubled or tripped over night:mad:

I think Pete that was the idea, a bit tongue in cheek,

Anyway, that now blows my plans for a Gem as the price of them will have just doubled or tripped over night:mad:

But they have come up a lot on ebay over the past year, Jim.

Yes they have, and I am always watching them, but price is going up...or is it me that will not pay that much?

I like my 350, but looking for idealy a diesel Gem (700)

as for being scared of chickens please, another sterio type townies trying to be green,

HP,

Chickens are spawn of the devil to be feared and loathed!

I speak as a farmers daughter forced to interact with the terrifying creatures every day as a child.
Cazza

I loath goats. They are the most destructive animals around. They are an indicator of the poverty of a country - the more goats, the poorer the country. If you want to create a desolate wasteland, get some goats.
The only potential use they have* is to put them through a well secured hayfield, before it really starts to grow - they'll get rid of the thistle and ofther weeds, so you get a better haycrop.
I used to round up wild goats - we could get 400 in an afternoon - and they only way to contain them was good fencing and dogs. Working them in yards required the sheep pens to extended upwards to about 5 feet - they would jump anything less.

* I forgot angora, which is a good wool, but obtainable from less obnoxious animals.

I am really tempted to get a couple as well, its just the milking!

I think I need to build an automated milking system, as I dont do early mornings. (a bit like for my automatic hen coop door)

Good for keeping the grass short? Will see more next week how the get on.

Alpaccas ?
sort of a posh nicer llama.......
replacing goats as pets.........
Now back to BEES and living in the country in suburbia
can we have a poll of how many new beeks there are that live within 1 mile of a winebar
(if thats a good way to define suburbia)

Im gonna get a slap any minute now for going off topic... sorry!!

we have 2 pubs and a chipshop here, too small for anything else thank goodness, oh and a church and one of the few post offices.

The closest wine bar is in Norwich 10 miles away and I have never frequented any of them.

Goats are great, these are mine

fieldpics010.jpg

Back