New frames?????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
I have been given a box of not used but rather old frames , they are not National or Langstroth, the measurements are Top bar length = 40.5cm and 2cm wide, the side bars are 22.5cm long and 2cm wide, the lower two bars are 38.5cm long and 1cm wide. can anyone please tell me what size or the name of the frame or what it is categorised as?
Thank you.

Mo

I think they would be commercial.

handf.jpg

I put this together earlier in the year to give a few new bee keepers an idea of the sizes of hives and frames. It may not be 100% accurate but reasonably close.:cheers2:

hey Mike a'
That's the first time I have seen this chart and i am going to have it printed up its good to say the least.

Thank you very much for the information, thanks.

Mo

Good work Mike a but I get 12 frames in a com box

Good work Mike a but I get 12 frames in a com box
:cheers2:
11 + dummy board is what my friend uses. Its only a rough guide as I said, but I thought the first would of been
I only use 9 frames in my supers and get 35lb of honey... :beatdeadhorse5:

:biggrinjester:

i was given commercial hive ( BB, 2 supers, QE, floor roof) , i burned the brood box with everything in it, cleaned the supers, there are 2 sets of super frames which need torching and a roof. i got nationals and a smith and i don't need another hive type :) so if anyone interested then send me a pm.
Lauri

Latest posts

Back