New Design Abelo National hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you add a framed excluder to any configuration, you are disrupting the bee space, whether top or bottom. It doesn't make anything something else it just adds a gap, TBS will still have a space above the frames, BBS will still have that space below.
Does anyone have a clean excluder?
Best excluder is no excluder, just ask the Willows.

If you add a framed excluder to any configuration, you are disrupting the bee space, whether top or bottom. It doesn't make anything something else it just adds a gap, TBS will still have a space above the frames, BBS will still have that space below.
Does anyone have a clean excluder?
Best excluder is no excluder, just ask the Willows.

I agree
And
A good excluder is a super of honey

and the "willows" is please?

Ah I see the how many queens can dance on the tip of a hive tool is going to be excluderless beekeeping this winter, oh deep joy.

"Depends on the hive tool"

"Virgins or mated"..... ad nauseum.

PH

Sorry PH, I'll explain ...
No excluder .... throw it to the Willows? You must have heard that at some point, no?
My point was simply that any excluder or configuration that includes one has compromised the bee space built into the boxes.
Slotted steel ones do it less but we all know how gunked up they become as they never go back flat.
Which is why most of us use framed wire ones, whichever way up and accept the extra space will have brace comb built in it because it's less of a mess.

No, never hence my Q.

No doubt you ain't heard of... "Fit like foos yer doos?" "Aye peckin aye peckin"

Local stuff often don't translate too well.

PH

No, never hence my Q.

No doubt you ain't heard of... "Fit like foos yer doos?" "Aye peckin aye peckin"

Local stuff often don't translate too well.

PH

Aye - 'dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg' and 'Rhechodd Rhydderch rhech rhyfeddaf, rhwng rhych radish Rachel Roberts'
as well as 'Dododd Dai Dowlais dau daten dwym dan dwll dyn Diana Dors'

Actually the bee space (heresy I know) is not so critical a quick scrape with the hive tool and all is good.

PH

Actually the bee space (heresy I know) is not so critical a quick scrape with the hive tool and all is good.

PH

For me I think it was more of a problem taking a frame full of bees attached to the underside of a box I was lifting. I did that once and emptied the bees down Stans wellie

Latest posts

Back