New beginer in Oxford

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

dazer23866 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Would love to come and see an experienced keeper at work and lend a hand from time to time. I am a complete novice who is just reading and learning from books at the moment and would love to get some hands on experience. so if anyone can help i would love to hear from you

Mike a 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Between 17-20
Welcome to the forums

You might want to let us know where abouts you are though...! :hurray:
Plus contact your local association and go along to their apiary days where you will learn a lot more and met lots of beeks.

dazer23866 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hi i am in Oxford and have tried the association but they are fully booked up this year so i am a bit stuck

OXFORDBEE 

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
More than 1, numbers seem to go up and down.
Probably fully booked for beginners courses but not for apiary meetings. All you have to do is join; buy/borrow a bee suit and go to the next meeting.

crislj 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Would love to come and see an experienced keeper at work and lend a hand from time to time. I am a complete novice who is just reading and learning from books at the moment and would love to get some hands on experience. so if anyone can help i would love to hear from you
Vale and Downland Association run monthly Beginners meeting you can go along to. They supply clothes and bees!!! I started this way two years ago, then in winter attended their indoor classes, May last year I put a hive on their beginners site and they purchased nuc for us beginners. Each week experienced members come along and help the beginners throughout their first season.

I now have two hives on my own site but go along to the beginner meetings to assist and learn more.

Latest posts