New Beekeeping suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachtie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi All

Need to get a new Suit and came across the Sentinel Pro 3D suit at

oldcastlefarmhives.com

Has anybody got/tried one of these?

cheers
Jim

Hi All

Need to get a new Suit and came across the Sentinel Pro 3D suit at

oldcastlefarmhives.com

Has anybody got/tried one of these?

cheers
Jim

It looks very warm. I feel like I've been cooked to death in my cotton suit when it is warm and that is twice as thick.
Ed.

It looks very warm. I feel like I've been cooked to death in my cotton suit when it is warm and that is twice as thick.
Ed.
Quite the opposite apparently, it's very light albeit more than 3mm thick and is made of a loosely woven open mesh type material. He assured me it would keep you cool rather than heat you up.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Looks a similar principal to that of the Ozarmour, but a closer mesh pattern. The Oz stuff being essentially a 3mm thick string vest with mesh inside and out (3 layer one).

The suit is well made and the hood/veil arrangement is way better than the Oz Armour version. I would expect the Oz Armour suit to be cooler because it's more like a net curtain, this one is thick, breathable material. My mate carries an epipen and has been wearing a hoody underneath his BBwear suit so I expect him to be a lot cooler.
I noticed two more examples at the Welsh Convention, one was by BBwear, best described as two layers with small holes everywhere. These small holes have a fine mesh in them but I reckon two of these holes aligned would not prevent a sting, especially with the material pulled taught. I can't remember who was selling the other suit but it was similar to BBwear but resembled a space suit.
Speaking as someone who overheats very quickly I can only see any of these being cooler if there is a breeze. Without a breeze I can see me melting as usual.

The suit is well made and the hood/veil arrangement is way better than the Oz Armour version. I would expect the Oz Armour suit to be cooler because it's more like a net curtain, this one is thick, breathable material. My mate carries an epipen and has been wearing a hoody underneath his BBwear suit so I expect him to be a lot cooler.
I noticed two more examples at the Welsh Convention, one was by BBwear, best described as two layers with small holes everywhere. These small holes have a fine mesh in them but I reckon two of these holes aligned would not prevent a sting, especially with the material pulled taught. I can't remember who was selling the other suit but it was similar to BBwear but resembled a space suit.
Speaking as someone who overheats very quickly I can only see any of these being cooler if there is a breeze. Without a breeze I can see me melting as usual.

Complete with magnetic boots, tether and oxygen pack? :)

I have one and I'm very impressed with it.

Sentinal pro 3d suit

I bought one of these suits early this year. The material is great and breathable making it cool and as reported, sting proof. There are two vulnerable points on the suit though, where the hood zips meet and where they start at the neck. Both are protected by poor velcro flaps coupled with zip pull loops which are large and cause a bee sized gap to stare up at you. I have been lucky most of the year but had to get on my toes when I had a friend join me under the veil recently. I also got the old style hood which allowed a sting or two against my bold head! I did get the matching gloves which are not fit for purpose and quickly went back to my old gloves having taken so many stings.

I had one on loan to trial, I thought that the material was a bit to weak and the suit very bulky for use every day, I seemed to snag it on everything that could be snagged, I do seem to be harsh on suits the two yr old BB ones I have look more like ten. Gloves were crap to be blunt.

I was in thornes the other day and they have a chinese knock off oz armour type......For £20 more than the sentinel mentioned you can get a sherriff apiarist and thats a proper suit with great customer service to back it up. I have 3 products the apiarst and nylon version plus beefarmer hood all have had many years use and good back up service in terms of patches and zips for the older models i had.....for gloves i would get friends to bring back from the states or collect a couple of pairs of the sweinty premium type from them at the spring convention. They were so much better than any available here for many years

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back