New bee suit needed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
My trusty square folding veil is about to fall apart so I thought I'd buy an all in one suit.
In this case, do you get what you pay for? Will a cheaper brand suffice or should I cough up for a more expensive suit? Advice please.

Thanks Cazza.

BB wear polycotton is my preference.
Worth the money IMO.

Its just the same with most thing in one way you get what you pay for and in another way we tend to pay to much for things in this country.

Totally contradictory and probably no help sorry.

Got mine on ebay ,has fencer type hood.Suit O.K. but legs too long.Wifey had to attack it with her trusty sewing machine so it now fits me.On reflection I would have preferred to have bought just the jacket and hood as was my old (30 year) one.Cost on ebay about 35 quid.

Got myself a BBwear for Christmas, very nice!

Cheaper than a Sherriff and BBwear offer a hood repair or replacement service.

Sherriff, Jacket type, top quality and to me well worth the money, light and not too hot to wear which is often overlooked as nobody wants to be a sweating mess under a bee suit in the middle of summer. The suit I got on ebay as a spare is ok, but thicker, much hotter and nowhere the quality so the extra £35 would have bought me a much better usable suit as opposed to one I will probably never wear.

The problem is that you never know how great a quality bee suit is until you own one.

Enzo

Yeah I think I'll probably get me a BB jacket and veil for general use and reserve the "ebay" one for visitors.

I got mine and my daughters for £42 each... they come from the same Factory as the big boys, but has no logo.

it is amazing how much a logo costs!!

personal i am not a fan of one piece suits evan when working a lot of hives as it becomes a little difficult to work with. I prefere a two piece as it is move flexable when bending over alot, sherif was one of the best suit that I have ever brought and used but i prefere to make my own suits as i only real use the jacket half, and any way no one does sequins like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What colour sequins?

I have been stung a lot less since I swapped to overalls. The pesky blighters always found a way up my jacket so I would prefer an all in one.

Thanks for helpful advice and yes, where was that PeteinWilts?

Cazza

I have a BB all in one that is now going into its 10th year.
If I were to reccommend one then it would have to bee BB all in one.

Regards;

Hi

Sheriff are great and will even do repairs.

Regards Ian

I got mine and my daughters for £42 each... they come from the same Factory as the big boys, but has no logo.

it is amazing how much a logo costs!!

yep the £42 ebay one are ok, somerset BKA and other BKA had a special offer last year with the same supllier

looking at some of cheeper eastern european siuts on ebay ,they appear to be shirt material and have no pockets

Thank you for your advice here.
Just to say I am now the proud owner of a BBwear all in one. I tested it out today and all was well. I can see better than in my old square veil and no-one will laugh at my suit at beeky dos any more!

Thanks again
Cazza

Hi

Sheriff are great and will even do repairs.

Regards Ian

:iagree:

Don't buy eBay, mine suddenly fell apart only an hour or so after I'd been with a v nasty colony having a tantrum (bees, not me) and it became obvious that the stitching was the 'chain stitch' sort that comes undone if one end is pulled. No joke, could have been lethal.

Sherriff great, v pleased with it, comfortable to work in and if you speak to them they'll sort you out the right size.

Im still waiting for them to reply to the e-mail I sent them about a year ago they obviously dont want my custom

I have a BB all in one that is now going into its 10th year.
If I were to reccommend one then it would have to bee BB all in one.

Regards;

Yes, but with "Nil Colonies", it hasn't been worn much! :eek:

Latest posts

Back