New Bee Photos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2, no 3, no 4 definitely 4......erm....5
Apart from looking after bees, I quite like photography as well, so here are a few for perusal via the albums and I hope that the link works.

https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=797

Nikon D7000 and Nikkor 85mm macro for those that are interested. Some also using a sigma ringflash, edited in Lightroom and Photoshop and reduced to 600p wide so relatively low res

Some lovely photos there, like the fluffy on the purple flower.

That is last years photo but they are going mad for Buddleia at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bees are the most hard-working insects in the world. No one else over the past 50 million years has been able to repeat those unique actions that took place over the thin walls of honeycombs in a hive. The bees are real workers and the weather is not enough for them.
Photographing them is a pleasure.

I missed this thread some how, cracking photos.

Not had the camera out as much as I would like. I like the new comb on black ritecell it messes with my head like magic eye pictures.

Lovely photos! A lot of details. High contrast. Attention to detail. You are well done!

Beyond the bee shed

Took a couple of photos over the apiary at the bottom of the garden today. Tail end of the hawthorn, Dandelions going over and buttercup type things starting to predominate. Hoping for a few showers to keep the nectar flowing with these glorious spring temperatures.

tBUovOR.jpg
TRh8hul.jpg

Image buttercups by the million too. Bees don't seem interested!

Took a couple of photos over the apiary at the bottom of the garden today. Tail end of the hawthorn, Dandelions going over and buttercup type things starting to predominate. Hoping for a few showers to keep the nectar flowing with these glorious spring temperatures.

tBUovOR.jpg
TRh8hul.jpg

I see Wood Pigeons on the meadow that usually means they are eating the leafs from the clover grass which also means you will be getting clover flowering in there at some point..

I see Wood Pigeons on the meadow that usually means they are eating the leafs from the clover grass which also means you will be getting clover flowering in there at some point..

We get a lot, red and white over a long window usually. Horse field behind us rarely mown, sheep beyond that so topped occasionally. Hedgerows all deciduous so it is a good spot.

Apart from looking after bees, I quite like photography as well, so here are a few for perusal via the albums and I hope that the link works.

https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=797

Nikon D7000 and Nikkor 85mm macro for those that are interested. Some also using a sigma ringflash, edited in Lightroom and Photoshop and reduced to 600p wide so relatively low res

Lovely photos Colin very clear pics . buckfasts?

Latest posts

Back