New Bee keeping videos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingscrosshoney

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Has anyone seen Omlet's new beekeeping videos?

https://www.omlet.co.uk/tv/

There's six different clips following a family learning to keep bees in a Beehaus. Robin Dartington also makes an appearance in one of the films.

I watched with interest the last video with Robin Dartington although I was a little surprised to see the super placed on the roof of the other supers behind during the inspection whilst looking for the queen. Although it wasn't clear and I'm sure Robin wouldn't of made the school boy error of smoking the super when it was on top of the other supers to drive the queen down but at 5:20 onwards you can see glimpses of the super in the back ground with a fair few bees on top but no sign of the queen. bee-smillie

I was delighted to see Robin marking with white acylic paint instead of following the colour code, some old hands would no doubt frown at this though my mentor included. bee-smillie

Lastly I understand why at 13:30 he blew into the queen marking cage to remove the queen, but if I tried that my queens would no doubt fly around for the next 10 minutes. I would gently tap the side of the cage whilst holding it very close to the top of the frames if I used that method of marking, instead I use the crown of thorns.

Over all a pleasant watch and it was nice to see Robin at work.
:smash:

Latest posts

Back