• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

need a nuc 2019

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeggie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
hi getting a flow hive in november and will need a nuc early as possible next year. im in gainsborough willing to drive 100 miles to collect. langstroth frames please

thanks in advance.

You will want to wait until April/May before getting your nuc.

Early transfers can be risky.

Much better off biding your time and ensuring the nuc you purchase has succesfully made it through the winter.

It will have absolutely zero effect on the productivity of the hive in the season, just means the nuc seller owns the risk of a failing colony until as late as possible in the year.

thanks for the info. but i had relised april as long as weather is still good is the time to get nuc. i wont buy any earlier. i cant afford to lose them because i was rushing.

gareth

What type of Flow Hive?

There are several - all mutually incompatible...( I speak from someone else's bitter experience,,,)

Edit: 8 frame Langstroth, 10 frame Langstroth, National...

What type of Flow Hive?

There are several - all mutually incompatible...( I speak from someone else's bitter experience,,,)

Edit: 8 frame Langstroth, 10 frame Langstroth, National...

If it is the type that produces 100kg of honey, per colony, bottled, lidded and labeled ready to market....

Please send me the details

Chons da

If it is the type that produces 100kg of honey, per colony, bottled, lidded and labeled ready to market....

Please send me the details

Chons da

Requires an easily convinced and gullible purchaser with no beekeeping knowledge... seen a lot of those :iagree::eek::eek::eek::eek:

A prospective beekeeper and Association member (whom I did not know)- after several practical sessions at another Association apiary - decided to buy a nuc to go into his (second hand but unused ) Chinese copy of a Flow Hive. He agreed to buy one from our Association Apiary. I got a call from our Apiary Manager asking me "Did I know anything about Flow Hives"? We established it was A LANGSTROTH nuc he needed so he was directed to me.. (Apiary is all National).. I agreed to sell him one and convert his brood box to jumbo foc. (I am all jumbo langs). I did some research and found it could be an 8 or 10 frame Lang so waited till he arrived with his box until I did the conversion woodwork.. (It turned out to be an 8 frame). Took 20 minutes. He installed my nuc happily in his box... and I have heard no more - so good news I assume..

Hope he succeeds...

Last edited:
its a genuine flow hive 8 frame langstroth frames. double brood box andflow hive super. it comes as a single kit so itshould all be ok. the reason i chose the flow hive is im disabled andnot able to manage a normal hive.

There is still ways for folk with disabilities to manage a proper hive with the use of hinges and tilting devices.. i have seen a video on the subject but i can not remember where.. good luck ether way..;)

Edit to add..i found the link but take it with a pinch of salt ie Queen excluders would be tricky with the hinged boxes.

http://scientificbeekeeping.com/wheelchair-beekeeping/

Last edited:
its a genuine flow hive 8 frame langstroth frames. double brood box andflow hive super. it comes as a single kit so itshould all be ok. the reason i chose the flow hive is im disabled andnot able to manage a normal hive.

Err - will you be able to carry out the necessary Inspections and swarm control or have someone to do these for you?

i should be able to do the inspections. but i will always have help to hand whentheses are carried out.

Err - will you be able to carry out the necessary Inspections and swarm control or have someone to do these for you?

I have a couple of amputees who keep bees.
The levels of their inventiveness and ingenuity are astounding.
Sometimes quite simple like good level ( wheelchair) access and a hive stand at the correct height, with a box placed adjacent to the hive to slide supers onto.

Chons da

Latest posts

Back