Natural Beekeeping for Beginners Course Cambridge 4th June

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joliebee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
This is a 1 day natural beekeeping course cambridge aimed mainly at beginners, but it will also benefit beekeepers who want to start beekeeping in a more natural way.

We have a natural beekeeping course cambridge running on Saturday 4th of June from 10am to 4pm, at a cost of £50.00 per person.

Go to LINK REMOVED for more info and bookings.

Not keen oh here for people to advertise/ sell stuff.

PH

I have every sympathy with the Natural Beekeeping approach and would like to learn more about it. However, I am concerned firstly that a 1 day course aimed at complete beginners cannot teach both conventional approaches and alternative approaches in 1 day and also I would like to see more information about the identity and experience of the course leader(s)

I have every sympathy with the Natural Beekeeping approach and would like to learn more about it. However, I am concerned firstly that a 1 day course aimed at complete beginners cannot teach both conventional approaches and alternative approaches in 1 day and also I would like to see more information about the identity and experience of the course leader(s)

This is all I could find.

Our Mission

Our mission at Jolie Bee Apiaries is keeping bees the natural way, with no chemical treatments.

Supplying our customers with the finest cambridgeshire honey and cambridge beekeeping supplies, with the assurance that no nasties go into any of our products.
Why it matters

Our British bees are in trouble. Man has exploited the bees to the limit, and now we are seeing the consequences. Bee colonies around the world are dying out in huge number. Due to the importation of foreign bees into britain we now battle a host of diseases and the bees genetics are not up to fighting the british climate. At Jolie Bee Apiaries this matters to us.

Bees have also been artificially enlarged, causing them to be more vulnerable to disease and weakened in general. All these unnatural factors have contributed to the decline of the bees. There is a shortage of beekeeping suppliers who are willing to stock natural beekeeping supplies cambridge. Cambridge Beekeeping Supplies is your source of all quality, natural beekeeping supplies Cambridgeshire and throughout the UK.
How can we help?

Here at Jolie Bee Apiaries we are keen to protect our british strain of bees. We breed from mainly wild british stock, ensuring that our cambridge bees have the means to fight the challenges they face in our climate. We promote the ability for bees to regress to their natural size, allowing them to build their own comb. And we do not batter them with chemical treatments to try and ward of disease as many beekeepers sadly do.At Cambridge Beekeeping Supplies our bees have the natural ability to fight varroa and disease themselves in a natural way as they would in the wild. Therefore all the products that come from our hive contain no nasty chemicals, ensuring that you recieve a pure, natural product. This ensures that when you buy our Cambridgshire Honey and Natural Beekeeping Supplies Cambridge you can be sure they are from the best source.

I'm interested they are supplying honey commercially, with the implication being that they are using "natural" methods. I've yet to meet anyone with natural hives that has produced even an average of 25% of framed hives, so I wonder how many hives are needed to get to the point when you can supply commercial amounts - and at the same time, if you are supplying commercial amounts of honey from natural hives, are you now exploiting the bees and therefore not keeping bees naturally?

Adam

Yes Adam, I'd seen all that and find it quite non-specific.

I've seen suggestions that in France commercial beekeepers use Warrés successfully but if this firm is producing commercial quantities using natural methods I'd be intereted to find out how they are doing it. They supply Nats and WBCs so are they using them but operated naturally ?

What a load of rubbish, and what really worries me is the sell element.

PH

Back