National Jumbo Feeder ??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one only put it on last week. Seems to work well and the bees seem to be using it lots. It fits on top of a super then just put the roof on top.

Pete

Also the VAT one price includes it, the other doesn't.

I have a FP one for my nuc. I float three cut down plastic straws in the feeding chamber to make sure nobody drowns.

Does that factor in shipping? I nearly ordered something from Maisemore until they were trying to charge me almost the same cost as the order to send it. Got the same from Paynes much cheaper. Very impressed with the service too.

Also the VAT one price includes it, the other doesn't.

Nothing in it, but as far as I can see Maismore charge £7.50 shipping, and Paynes £6.50+VAT (£7.80). Both include VAT on their price list.

So little in it though, things like service should swing it.

I have a FP one for my nuc. I float three cut down plastic straws in the feeding chamber to make sure nobody drowns.

I have heard that there may be a problem with drowning bees with this type of feeder but have found that very few actually try swimming in the syrup. I only use this type now and also have the smaller ones for Nucs. I also use them for feeding fondant which seems to work well
Cheers
S

I have one only put it on last week. Seems to work well and the bees seem to be using it lots. It fits on top of a super then just put the roof on top

When you say it fits on top of a super, do you have to use a coverboard to rest it on, or does it fit straight on top of the super? (Does the base of the feeder fit the outer frame of a National hive box, ie. could you fit the feeder straight on top of a BB, or does it need a board to rest on?)

Just managed to get to speak to one of the vendors about this feeder.

The base of the feeder is the same footprint size as a national box and it has a bee space underneath, meaning you can place it straight onto a BB (or super) without any cover board (or with a cover board if you want to) and it doesn't need any eek. The top of the feeder fits under a standard national roof, so you put the hive roof straight onto it.

Sounds good, I've ordered a couple and will report back on findings after using.

I know they are not everyones favourute shop but I really like these from FP as you can remove roof and top-up without disturbing the bees too much.
http://www.fragile-planet.co.uk/buydb.php?Key=8

Cheers
S

Hi, I have a nuc one of these and as long as you dont fill it too quckly nothing drowns. Useful I've found and guess the bigger one is much the same. Not as big as the Paynes one though:.)

Latest posts

Back