National Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you get into jamie Ellis (edit) Small hive Beetle lecture ( changed from Bees Diseases) thought it was very informative

Yes, he is a very entertaining and informative lecturer. I had a really good day - my first trip. Managed not to spend too much....

If as derekm suggests, "Schroedinger should have kept bees not cats."
do the experienced members of the Forum suggest that he should have gone for a conventional cut-out, or installing a one-way cone escape?

Or just leave the bees to effect a supercedure?
Maybe just slap some fondant under the crownboard?
Or perhaps join the BKA and time-shift to the 1950s?

Any other options?

Dusty

Last edited:
Congratulations on winning the cup :D

Ty.

Glad I managed to keep 1 cup from last year. Didn't do to bad considering the number of entries.

Wasn't expecting much from my set honey entries or 24 jars as I could see little bits of black in them (bits of bee legs I think) and my wax had a few issues but it was the first time I had ever tried showing wax and set honey and its a learning curve for next year.

I think the biggest problem with my light honey was its viscosity no idea but it was really quite runny, was not due to water content as I checked it, and not from heating as it was never heated.

Lovely a bit of silverware for the mantelpiece well done. What was it for.

Good for you I was a bit disappointed my mead got nothing this year as to me it was way better than last year when I got a 2nd place but that's the way it goes. I have a couple of melomel's for next year so fingers crossed.

dp

Congratulations

and it's a good job you won Mead this year...from now on her indoors might have something to say about bubbling brews in the house

If as derekm suggests, "Schroedinger should have kept bees not cats."
do the experienced members of the Forum suggest that he should have gone for a conventional cut-out, or installing a one-way cone escape?

Or just leave the bees to effect a supercedure?
Maybe just slap some fondant under the crownboard?
Or perhaps join the BKA and time-shift to the 1950s?

Any other options?

Dusty
Tunnel

I only use Quantum mechanics in multi storey car parks now :)

You should worry! I took nuclear physics and did a placement at dungeness b power station. The boss said it you had Been working on project manhattan we would have got the bomb early but would have lost east Anglia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should worry! I took nuclear physics and did a placement at dungeness b power station. The boss said it you had Been working on project manhattan we would have got the bomb early but would have lost east Anglia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the closest i got to that stuff was reading "Alan works with Atoms".
now I just chuckle at motorists obeying Fermi-dirac statistics at the local multi-story car park being as dumb as electrons in a semi-conductor.

I only use Quantum mechanics in multi storey car parks now :)
I sometimes wonder who designs supermarket car parks. There's an example near us, over 300 spaces I'd guess. Every car entrance and exit is directed past the main supermarket entrance, over the pedestrian crossing that leads from car park to door. Pedestrians are held up by the passing cars, cars are delayed getting in and out by pedestrians on the crossing. And all with an increased probability of injury when one stream is forced to cross the other.

I'm aware there are all sorts of theories and analysis of how shop aisles are laid out. It's standard to take the casual shopper for a loaf or pint of milk past the impulse purchase shelves. Annoying if you only want milk, but you see why they do it. Where's the benefit to a supermarket in longer queues to enter or exit the car park and trying to run customers over as soon as they're out of the car?

Incidentally, I don't shop there much. I go to the one where only half the exiting cars have a chance to run over the pedestrians.

Did anyone see the pair of beeswax jars entered into class 34? What did people think?

Was that the honey jars? If so unfortunately I missed them somehow but someone today was telling me how fantastic they were. I remember the wine glass and that was impressive.

Latest posts

Back