National botanical gardens Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Went on Tuesday they have a lot of hives there took a few pics the hives were arranged in a circular fashion in a walled garden with a viewing building with windows in.
Most hives were flying that day.

They had some comb honey in those ross round things for sale at £10.50
Left that on the shelf and bough some mead instead :cheers2:

Last edited:
I see that one hive has 2 supers on it ?

Nice pics,thanks Veg.

good price but...

LLanberies... Bee Farmer has a shop there.

Bog standard pound of liquid welsh honey. ?12-95 to you. WHEW!

PH

Called in the same place few years ago now,was ?9.75 lb then.took some pics of it and left.

LOL I just left...fast

However it does illustrate a very important point. People WILL and DO pay that much for a pound of honey. Food for thought there.

However, and aye there is aye a proviso they are happy to do so whilst on holiday but not in their normal world. We have found in this business, hotel, that by playing with price mountains can be moved. We were very close to 100% last Sunday night and that is some mountain I can tell you. At a price yes, but near full and making money on it.

The trick is to feel for the price point. :)

PH

Last edited:
Regards a price point do you think honey is to cheap? maybe people think if you can get 1lb of honey for under ?4 it must be a poor product?

Maybe if it was sold at a premium the same honey would have more value.

Admin, i think to a point you are most likely correct,but i have seen a lot of places where the honey just sits on the shelf,for a long time, because of over pricing,not much future in this either. You need to work out a price for your area where the product sells,not too cheap,but not the other way either.

at my old outlets i looked to see what the locals would pay and was inline with that , but at the one garage come shop we used to have two differant labels one at the back of the shop for locals and one on the counter for passing trade. the one on the shelf was £5 with a clean but LOCAL lable the one one the counter was with a very pretty label and sold at £9 a jar . on the £5 jar the shop made £1.50 and the £9 she made £4. all of it was one sale and return so she did not lose any thing but only gained

Latest posts

Back