• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

National beehive flat pack and books and dvds ideal starter for new beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyrose1956

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
BRAND NEW NATIONAL BEEHIVE FLAT PACK AND BOOKS PLUS DVDS

INCLUDES

1 X GALVANISED ROOF
1 X SUPPER + 11 FRAMES COMPLETE WITH WAX COMB
1 X CROWN BOARD
1X BROOD BOX + 11 FRAMES COMPLETE WITH WAX COMB
1 X QUEEN EXCLUDER
1 X OPEN MESH FLOOR

PLUSE BOOKS AND DVDS

1 X THE HONEY HANDBOOK
1 X THE REARING OF QUEEN BEES
1 X THE HONEY BEE INSIDE OUT
1 X BEES AND BEEKEEPING EXPLAINED
1 X GET STARTED IN BEEKEEPING
1 X BEEKEEPING INSPIRATIONAL AND PRACTICAL ADVICE FOR WOULD-BE SMALLHOLDERS

DVDS

1 X BEEKEEPING FOR BEGINERS
1 X AN INTRODUCTION TO KEEPING BEES

THIS IS AN IDEAL PACKAGE FOR NEW STARTERS TO BEEKEEPING, THE REASON FOR THIS SALE IS DUE TO HEALTH REASONS WICH HAS STOPPED ME STARING OUT AS A BEEKEEPER I AM ASKING FOR £350 SOLD AS SEEN IF INTRESTED CONTACT ME CANNOT DELIVERE CASH ON COLLECTION bee-smillie

Beehive
picture.php

Bee Books and DVDS
picture.php

Although the books presumably cost quite a bit, are you aware that a complete cedar hive with 2 supers is presently only £135 delivered and the whole caboodle of hive, clothing, tools, extractor, etc is less than £300 delivered.

Sorry to see you have health problems, but I did think from your previous postings that you were already a beekeeper? I have added it below

Quote (from 28th October 2010, 09:15 AM ):I am so sorry to you all my title was wrong looking at it i may have mis lead you all as to what information i require, what i would like to know is, i have two hives and my children have just bought me another the question is

Can i take a frame out of the hive as long as it does have eggs in with some of the workers and place it in a nuc and start a new coloney that way not breed a queen or breed bees just start a new coloney
End quote.

RAB

Regarding your message i am not a beekeeper at all although i have asked a few questions in the past all i wanted was some imformation to see that what i wa reading in the books was correct, the cedar hives i have seen are very expensive and the extractor are well over £200 pound so wher you can get that lot you listed for less £300 pound delivered i dont think so i have done quit a bit of looking around before i bought the equipment i have for sale anyway for whats on for sale i think is good value for money

Regards Ladyrpse

As said above thorne$ sell a budget range which includes everything including hive,jacket and extractor for about £270. You may be better off putting it on e-bay

Regarding your message i am not a beekeeper

I was not the only one mislead by your previous few postings - here is part of the reply from Flatters to you:

Hi Ladyrose,
It will be next year before you can do anything so I would have thought that the best way to colonise the new hive is wait and do an artifical swarm from one of your other hives when the time is right.

Look at the Th*rne site under budget behives and you will see I am correct The price for the 3 kits is a tad under £300. It will likely be just a tad over £300 by the time the shop re-opens in the new year (VAT increase).

As I said the books may have been costly. I would still recommend any new starter here to get the basic hive kit from Th*rne and buy books of their own choosing.

RAB

ladyrose1956 said:
i have done quit a bit of looking around before i bought the equipment

Sorry but you have not looked very hard if you think your sale price is fair!

Given you can buy the hive parts NEW and delivered for £125 and the books new and delivered for about £45, and DVDs for about £25 (just search Amazon)

= £195 NEW, a more sensible price would be about £150 as they are now in efect used.

No idea on the price of the books,but a hive cosisting of the components you have listed, would cost £165,and that would be for top quality hive,with everything fully assembled,and including the best kind of varroa floor, which normally sells for £47 on it's own.

Last edited:
Put it on Eb**y .
They're daft enough to pay owt :D.

Best of luck .
In your position I'd try to sell the hive for a reasonable price and offer the books accordingly :)

John Wilkinson

Regarding your message i am not a beekeeper at all although i have asked a few questions in the past all i wanted was some imformation to see that what i wa reading in the books was correct, the cedar hives i have seen are very expensive and the extractor are well over £200 pound so wher you can get that lot you listed for less £300 pound delivered i dont think so i have done quit a bit of looking around before i bought the equipment i have for sale anyway for whats on for sale i think is good value for money

Regards Ladyrpse

beekeeping status aside.. you mention an extractor in this post, yet don't have one listed on your advert... perhaps this is what is causing the confusion.. if an extractor is included (dependant on type) it may not be as bad a deal as people think....

you also did not mention in your listing that the hive was cedar.. if your are going to ebay i'd try and give both these bits of information or you are likely to get a lot less than you could do for this kit.. i would agree with others your better off splitting, at least the books. many people have bits and bobs already or a book in mind, job lots while easy for seller don't often raise as much as singular listings in the end.

Latest posts

Back