Nail gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tod

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all, looking for recommendations for a nail gun, mostly for the use in building frames. Tried the tacwise 191el pro but. Constantly jamming. Any help would be appreciated.

I use a Lidl £19 one.. Faultless over the 3 years..
edit that will deal with up to 30mm staples.

The smaller £10 one has a 15mm limit. Mine has lasted 5 years.

I've used this one for the last 4 yrs, well actually only two years as the first two machines went wrong after 11 months and were replaced FOC without a murmur.
Works very well and rarely jams and this one has not had the problems of the previous two...
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tt...VmKZ3Ch0bmABwEAQYAiABEgKWQvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsEdit. Forgot to say mine takes nails up to 32mm even though it's described as 25mm

Cheers folks I'll check them out, appreciated

Hi all, looking for recommendations for a nail gun, mostly for the use in building frames. Tried the tacwise 191el pro but. Constantly jamming. Any help would be appreciated.
My Tacwise used to jam because I slammed the staple drawer shut which caused staples to ride up one upon the other. Now when I gently close the drawer the jamming has ceased.

bought the £80 cordless staple gun from Aldi, will get it going over the winter frame making.

I’ve just bought a replacement to my Axminster nail gun from Toolstation priced £34.00 and is excellent.

Makita DPT353
Not cheap .... but when you are making up 1000's frames, reliability comes to the foremost
We run two with the double power/charger
( plus the power packs fit many other Makita toolshop tools)

Needs to be said if you are only making up a couple of dozen frames at a time a pin hammer and packet of gimp pins is the best way forward!

Chons da

I use a Lidl £19 one.. Faultless over the 3 years..
edit that will deal with up to 30mm staples.

The smaller £10 one has a 15mm limit. Mine has lasted 5 years.
I have an air powered nail gun, but frankly for making up frames my cheap Lidl electric one works perfectly well, is light, quick and easy to use and so far has proved entirely reliable

+1 for the TITAN nail gun from Screwfix. I was using 20mm nails. It’s also good for DIY projects and as previously mentioned will take nails up to 32mm and staples.

I'm waiting patiently for the plaster mixer

For any buying the cheaper versions keep your receipts. Years ago I had tacwise and 1 or 2 would last for ages others barely last a couple of boxes, I’ve tried the Titan and it has a much larger head and didn’t last long, in the past I’d have 2 and simply return the oldest when it went wrong. Of the cheaper end tacwise generally appear better. Currently have makita dfn350 it’s fantastic. Whilst some have said these cheap 1s last they struggle once your doing multiple boxes in 1 go I’ve had them getting very hot😆

I was on a mission to buy a rotary tool from Middle of Lidl today so picked up some other bits and pieces while there.
Cheapest 3M duct tape I've seen for years - £1.99 for 50mm x 50m
A couple of tool boxes as suggested by Pargyle for two of my out apiaries.
Pair of work trousers.
And........ a nail gun as a back up for my 2yo titan. I had a play with it earlier and it certainly does the job but I think would rather pay the extra tenner for the titan next time. I might even opt for a battery one if the honey crop was good! 🤣

Latest posts

Back