My son wood working exam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
My youngest has just brought part of his exam round to show me and I'm so proud of what he's made: ) In fact I'm hoping he's going to mod it a little and start making me loads of them! It's basically a mini mating box , just needs a few adjustments and it's perfect. What's really impressive is he didn't use power tools or nails. Just joints and glue : )

Having seen the are no replies to your post regarding your sons achievement saddened me a little, so I just wanted to ask if you would give your son a "pat on the back" from me for not just showing an interest in bees, but for doing something creative and entirely by hand as well.

Young talent must be recognised and credited.

Well done!:)
:nature-smiley-013

My youngest has just brought part of his exam round to show me and I'm so proud of what he's made: ) In fact I'm hoping he's going to mod it a little and start making me loads of them! It's basically a mini mating box , just needs a few adjustments and it's perfect. What's really impressive is he didn't use power tools or nails. Just joints and glue : )

Clever lad. Photo please.
Cazza

For the life of me i cant get photos to upload! I am using a phone to post and it just doesn't work, the same with searching also? Thank you for posting, he is so happy with his work as am i : )

Well done to him. I teach woodwork to Autistic adults and it always surprises me that schools don't seem to teach the "old crafts" much these days. It seems to me that the CDT that is taught in school is more invention using any materials except timber. With sustainability in mind I would have thought that timber is a natural source of material which is sustainable unlike plastic and metal.
Hope that your son goes on to build you many more useful items for the apiary, and teaches others at school that woodwork is a useful skill to master. Well done.

He is building a band saw box for his girlfriend this weekend, hopefully quick so he can get back onto the usefull stuff for me :D

Yes well done to him and hopefully the start of many more useful things for you and the bees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done to them, I remember my own O level woodwork exam, I spent ages making hidden dovetail joints to get them just right. Then in the exam I had to make a draw with dovetail joints, the practice must of paid off as I passed. But only 4 people in the school took the exam. A dying art as they therm combined woodwork, metal work and technical drawing into one exam.

Not that i can post, stupid phone doesn't seem to work well here

Cheers but I'll just not bother. Maybe once i have more time. Thanks for the tip though.

It may be your phone package doesn't allow you to text photos but may allow you to email them

My late father in law was a shipwright from IOW (when ships were handcrafted in wood)
so good luck to your son

Caulkheads are what true islanders are known as. Apparently the island folk where the best in the day. Thank you though, appreciate it :)

Cheers but I'll just not bother. Maybe once i have more time. Thanks for the tip though.

I follow a couple of forums and by using Tapatalk I can just post from the phone photo library. No need for a gallery elsewhere. Pro gets rid of any ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back