My new Bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lammiepie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi everyone, been a member and reading posts for a while now, nice website Admin.

I have ordered 2 Nucleus hives from a company called Easybee and as these are my first bees I can?t wait to get started.

I completed a 10 week course at my local night college last year but never got any bees as it was very late in the season when the course finished.

Earlier today I rang the gent who runs Easybee, I rang him a couple of times over the last few weeks to see when my bees will be arriving, he has today informed me that due to being let down on his queens delivery date?s the first Nucleus boxes will be sent out on the 20th April.

I ordered them late last year and have been told that mine will be in the first batch sent out as they are shipping orders on a first come first served bases so it will not be long now until I am a beekeeper.

Expect many more posts and questions from a first time beekeeper once my bees arrive.

elaine.

Welcome to the world of beekeeping and to this forum.

When you get your bees from Mike let us know how they settled in and fire away with any questions.

Regards;

lammiepie

NUCS The first 300 queens come in on the 20 APRIL second batch of 300 comes 2nd week MAY.
First 200 are for package bees 100 for breeding boxs
We have to strip the over-wintered breeding boxes into 5 frame nucs then add the new imported queens to the part empty breeding boxes and remaining brood and feed.
We have 4 beeks on the job this takes time so keep your cool be prepaired to wait we try our best.

If you ordered your nucleus DEC/JAN/FEB there is a possibility your names on the first batch going out.
"First come first served"
all the best mike

Hi Lammie
welcome to the forum, there are lots of us on here new to beekeeping, look forward to your posts.

Back