My mason bees are hatching

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, I will look for predrilled bricks and see if I can find the correct diameter, depth and spacing of the holes in the hope of best results as I will probably make my own "hotel" if I can find plans or advice...
K ;)

Just a heads up to anyone else who's keeps mason bees mine are all hatching hatching again right now.

Just a heads up for everyone who rears solitary bees. My mason bees have started hatching out. I checked the tubs in the garage and there were 7 already out and active. I've put the tubs outside now in a box and put the hives back up to start again for this year. Good luck for the new season.
I have just made a bee hotel - when do the bees start to arrive in the year not having previous experience?

Not till late spring or summer usually .

Just a heads up to anyone else who's keeps mason bees mine are all hatching hatching again right now.
No sign of the hundreds in my soffit, although there's blackthorn, hazel and willow available to forage on. IIRC the males emerge first in an attempt to waylay the females, but I'd imagine this weather isn't great for romance.

Latest posts

Back