My kit for sale..........

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poggle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have taken a few pics to show the kit. Any questions please do ask.
6811569817_cebb8ac804_m.jpg

6811569339_e219de65a6_m.jpg

6811568963_31ebffab3e_m.jpg

I have a few more pics if needed or look at them all on my flickr account. I am looking for £250 for the lot, no splitting and it will be pick up only to the delicate nature of the kit.

Flickr account is.http://www.flickr.com/photos/purbeck_photo_art/

Last edited:
Ok, some of you want the details of the kit. here is a list.

1) Apex Microscope with USB camera. X10 and X20 eye pieces, x4 x10, x40 objectives.. mechanical stage. Coaxial and fine focus controls, Abbe condenser with iris diapragm and focus control. rotatable head. mains powered.

2)Apex binocular low power dissecting scope. x10 eyepieces, x2 objectives givingx20 magnification. Battery powered led lighting. rack and pinion focusing.

3)Bresser Biolux NG Student microscope. x10 eye piece and x4, x10 and x40 objectives.

Now a list of "stuff".

Seven unopened boxes of slides, 50 in each.
Six unopened boxes of cover slips. 100 in each.
One Microtome
500ml or more Iso Propanol.
About 2 litres of 40% Formaldehyde
One 500ml tin of Touline plus a couple of 30ml bottles of touline
Eight new and unused Petri dishes.
Several dozen plastic pipettes.
2x 15ml Gycerine jelly mountant.
3x 15ml Numount, one opened.
1x alcohol mountant
1x Aqueous mountant
2x 30ml bottles of Harris Haematoxylin
1x 30ml bottle of 1% methylene Blue.
1x 30ml bottle of 1% Eosin Aqueous.
2x 30ml bottles of Lugols Iodine.
1x 30ml bottle of Acid Alcohol.
1x 30ml bottle of 10% Acetic Acid.
1x 30ml bottle of Nigrosin Aqueous.
1x 500ml bottle of 5% formalin.
2x 500ml bottles of Bouins Fixative.
1x 500ml bottle of Formal Acetic Alcohol.
1x wooden slide box.

And various bit and pieces.

Our association may be interested if still available. Have sent pm

Hi Poggle,

This looks pretty good value to me. May I ask why you are selliing it all?

Thanks,

Meg

Hi Poggle,

This looks pretty good value to me. May I ask why you are selliing it all?

Thanks,

Meg

Hello Meg. I never use it basically. I used to study Astronomy as my main hobby, did this since 1968, this past few years have seen light pollution get much worse AND, my pelvis wont take me standing out in minus 10 of frost looking at stars any more SO, I decided to have a change and went for biology/entemology, I bought all the for checking bees and doing the bug hunting I sometimes like to do etc but, it never caught on.

Thanks for letting us all know Poggle.

Given the skies of the last week or so are youo not tempted to invest in some kind of insulated heated all in one and carry on with the astronomy?:)

I take you are still carrying on with the beekeeping side of things, just not the microscopy?

Meg

Thanks for letting us all know Poggle.

I take you are still carrying on with the beekeeping side of things, just not the microscopy?

Meg

Yes, the bees are part of the allotment now and they are going to get a nice green mesh enclosure built in the next three weeks:)

Given the skies of the last week or so are youo not tempted to invest in some kind of insulated heated all in one and carry on with the astronomy?:)

Meg

Sorry, didn't read this part before:redface: Yes, I still have the telescope in the shed and keep looking up with these lovely clear skies:) Anyone want a GOTO telescope??

I might be - is it an ETX or a Celestron?

I can (as you can probably guess from my forum name) pick up as I am local.

Thanks for any further info.

I might be - is it an ETX or a Celestron?

I can (as you can probably guess from my forum name) pick up as I am local.

Thanks for any further info.

Hi there. No, not as posh as one of them, the one I mainly used was the Tal 6inch witht he motor drive:) It is the Meade DS 2114 ATS. it is only worth £50 according to Allan at Wessex Astronomy Club so, I reckon first person to my door with £40 can take it away.

John

To all. The kit is now sold. Thank you all for your interest.

Latest posts

Back