Museum hive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee Me Up

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello a year or two ago I went to a museum somewhere in England which had a clear perspex beehive in it on the top floor - but I can't remember where the museum was! Does anyone else know the museum I refer to? It was a smallish museum, i.e., not one of the biggies like the Natural History Museum in London, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Not a museum but if you are interested then a visit to Quince Honey Farm at South Molton, Nr. Barnstaple Devon may be worthwhile.

Has lots of perspex hives where you can see bees going about their business, along with other beekeeping stuff.

http://www.quincehoney.co.uk/

Quince are a local legend. They move bees under nets with out closing in bees... and the locals I heard... shut their doors and windows during the season...LOL

PH

There is an observation hive in Warwick Museum - at least there was earlier this year. It is on the second floor - just next to the large stuffed bear!!

The Horniman Museum in SE London has had a observation hive for many years.

There is an observation hive in Warwick Museum - at least there was earlier this year. It is on the second floor - just next to the large stuffed bear!!

That's the one I was thinking of - thank you very much for reminding me!

After some googling - for the sake of posterity and for people wanting to visit if they are around that way - its officially called Market Hall Museum in Warwick.

:cheers2: Cheers abeale!

Thanks also for the other tip-offs of other observation hives! Its a good place to start looking as a newbie methinks!

Latest posts

Back