Murray McGregor at Medway BKA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeKeyPlayer

From Rainham, Medway (North Kent) UK
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 plus 12 owned by others
Murray McGregor is visiting us (in person, not on Zoom!) at Medway BKA next Wednesday. If you are in the area (north Kent, Rochester) please do come to his talk and Q&A.
8.00pm, Wednesday 16 February, Wainscott Memorial Hall, 16-18 Holly Road, Wainscot, Rochester, ME2 4LG. All welcome. No admission charge. Tea and cake.
More info in the leaflet below.

Attachments

• Winter Series 2021-22, Talk 5.pdf
    212.8 KB · Views: 88
And a very friendly bunch they are too .... I can vouch for the tea and cake .... well worth a trip to hear Murray as well.
I'd be there for the tea and cake and have Murray as a sideshow... mmmmmmmm

Not 100% sure yet...but you very likely to get Jolanta too. Unfortunately she is not fond of standing in front of an audience but is not slow to interrupt me from the audience if what I say about the queen and nuc unit does not exactly match what she does..... it can be pretty comical. I am sure a lot of people might have questions to direct to her, especially after the main event.
She read the flyer for the talk which mentions her work and wondered why I had not planned to take her down there too.......had not thought about it tbh.

After Murray’s been there do you expect any tea and cake to be left!

Cheeky pup! Oddly I very rarely eat cake, and never drink tea or coffee. My 'blubber quotient' is down to other causes..............picks from list of deadly sins...starts with gluttonly and sloth.

Cheeky pup! Oddly I very rarely eat cake, and never drink tea or coffee. My 'blubber quotient' is down to other causes..............picks from list of deadly sins...starts with gluttonly and sloth.
From what I've seen of your work Murray, Sloth is not on your list!

Pies and beer?
Pies yes...............beer no. Just from personal taste...not any diet fetish...rarely ever drink alcohol. Sadly a lot of the alterative are even more certain to make one rather tubby.

On their own no big deal...but when you add in the chocolate, the chips, the spuds, the steak and onoins, fruit in abundance, curries, Chinese takeways (this one is dangerous due to who I live with)........its a pretty long list of things...

Pies yes...............beer no. Just from personal taste...not any diet fetish...rarely ever drink alcohol. Sadly a lot of the alterative are even more certain to make one rather tubby.

On their own no big deal...but when you add in the chocolate, the chips, the spuds, the steak and onoins, fruit in abundance, curries, Chinese takeways (this one is dangerous due to who I live with)........its a pretty long list of things...
Yes, I have the same problems. I don't drink normally (just occasionally abnormally) but I've made a start in improving my diet by totally avoiding some on the list you mention.
I've made a good start apart from the occasional helping of jam roly poly, I haven't touched any fruit for ages

Just for info. Jolanta WILL be there on Wednesday night for anyone who wants to talk to her about queen and nuc matters.

Latest posts

Back