murder in the village

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use 50cm square potting tray, one under supers to extract, one under extracted supers, one under the extractor so if you over fill a bucket it doesnt go all over the floor

I agree ... I have a few of these trays I bought just for my beekeeping ... so useful saves an awful lot of mess and they are good as temporary roofs as well.

I like the idea of some vinyl flooring as well to put down over the floor as well. I've always used some heavy duty polythene on the floor and thrown it away after I've finished but vinyl flooring sounds like a better option.

B&M here I come ... cheap beer there as well .. 4 x Stella Artois for £4 last time I was there ... £5.50 elsewhere.

As Monbees suggested isopropyl alcohol....I have used Meths.
A tip next time before you extract, would be to line your beautiful tiled kitchen floor, with old newspapers that will keep “the Boss”, happy as a clam.

Final extraction day to day. Asked Snr mngt to pop into B&M and get a roll of linoleum. I would get it as "loud" as I could but incase someone "pops" by with it down, she'll spend ages sorting thro all the rolls matching it LOL

i use 50cm square potting tray, one under supers to extract, one under extracted supers, one under the extractor so if you over fill a bucket it doesnt go all over the floor

:iagree: I don't let the supers come in contact with the floor or work surfaces, cleaning honey or wax off is no big deal, it's the propolis that's a PITA. If I need more floor space to stack than I have trays I stack supers on the 460mm squares of WBP I use for sealing off wet supers.
The trays also come in handy when I'm cleaning brace comb off queen excluders or stacking stuff up in the garden to dry.

Cleaning job almost complete. Snr mngt refused to buy the linoleum at £40. After a prolonged period on her knees, I'm noticing the early signs of a rethinking of that decision so there's hope yet for me getting it.

I wish I was banned. Then I could have an extraction room. Alas, it's my kitchen
Blimey Dani I thought you WERE senior management in your place......... What's Stan got to get that position?

Blimey Dani I thought you WERE senior management in your place......... What's Stan got to get that position?
Ha ha.
I’m happy to let him think that 😉
But he’s too canny. It’s my kitchen and my bees and if he threw me out of my own kitchen he’d have to build me that honey room. Oh God, how I’ve tried!!!!

Ha ha.
I’m happy to let him think that 😉
But he’s too canny. It’s my kitchen and my bees and if he threw me out of my own kitchen he’d have to build me that honey room. Oh God, how I’ve tried!!!!
Well ... at least you can get your extractor in and out of the kitchen without having to remove the wheels and one leg ... added to the list of essentials to our next home .. either a separate honey room or a wider, level and straight access to the kitchen.

It's looking more and more like our next home needs to be 500 sq mtr warehouse in a large field with a small living area in one corner .... not sure about how to present this option to 'er indoors ...

without risking life and limb ....

I converted the summer house into an extraction room. Extractor fan keeps temp comfortable. Is bee proof and most importantly domestic harmony is restored. I still process and jar up in the kitchen, but unlike extracting that is not an all day event, and drips are minimal.

I wish I was banned. Then I could have an extraction room. Alas, it's my kitchen
Luckily I had a bit of a workshop at the back of the house. I now have a honey room and no workshop.

Buy some more - you can't manage without them ... I can sell you some excellent labels that state 'For beekeeping use only' ... £5 a sheet of 10 including postage ?

I wondered why I like you Phil :D :D

Back