Much needed mentor required, connahs Quay, Flintshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianadams

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Evening,

I am looking for a mentor who is local to the Connah's Quay, Flinthsire or surrounding area.
I have looked at the courses offered by the Local WBKA and can not do either as they are split up over many months. I would prefer a 2-3 day course due to my work schedules if anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Thanks
Ian

You have a Beekeeping Association in your area. Have you not joined yet? If not that is where you will get the best advice and Flintshire BKA is very active. I'm amazed that they are not registered with the BBKA per this link http://************************/local_associations_about_us.php but go into any local grocers (not the supermarkets) and have a look at a pot of local honey and from that you will find the name address and telno of the producer. Give them a buzz. Simple really.

Sorry Arfermo, it may not be that easy. I did exactly as you suggested in April/May. Saw my 'mentor' once in June, joined the assoc. and got bees the following week and then ...nothing. Despite numerous requests/pleas/invitations/queenlessness I have not seen him since - although he did answer 2 emails...The Inspector apologised for the local group saying they (and many others) were not coping with the number of newbees. I have yet told even where the association apiary is! I now rely on a forum member who has been brilliant, so perhaps a mentor via the forum is the best idea...but I know my £40 will stay in my pocket next year...

I have found out that the three local associations band all of the new beekeepers into one training programme, so seen as interest is at an all time high it appears as though the spaces are filled rather quickly.

Latest posts

Back