Moving WBC -2

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am giving my brother a WBC hive (empty). Varroa floor with legs, brood box, 3 supers, roof and lifts to fit. I live in SE and he in NW
Any idea which carrier would be good and not insist I wrap it! Just tie down securely.. And a clue re approx weight as I am not sure how much it weighs.
DHL says beyond their dimensions.

No, he is an absolute treasure- and VERY traditional....
thanks for the transport tip

Try pallet line. They move stuff that is large for cheap prices.

Adam

Fedex- dont mean to place the racist card- think I got through to India- I cannot ship with them unless I send 20 items per month. :banghead:

Have got a bidding thing going with Shiply - £60 best so far - They do seem to want me to wrap it though - good mind to put a colony in for him if that's the case!!!! Dont worry- only joking- I love my bees

Have asked Pallet line for quote

Last edited:
Just remembered, I've used these very successfully before, and really cheap too.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

I got them to pickup from work, as they can't guarentee the pickup time.

You may find two parcels works out cheaper. They have a quick quote thing where you can vary package size / weight to see whats the most economic.

Adam

Last edited:
Have asked Pallet line for quote

I was imagining if you got a small pallet (from any small business or suchlike, who are only too delighted for you to take one away normally) and then you simply stand it on, ratchet strap down and thats it.

Adam

Latest posts

Back