Moving frames around

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonathan Getty is Irish.
I would hazard that is why Apple posted what he did. I’m sure Jonathan would not take offence
I am sure he would not either.... had hoped to meet up with Jonathan this year, but like so many other events the SICAMM meeting to be hosted this year in Eire was cancelled due to Covid 19.
Off tack....Grace Mc is giving a zoom webinar for BIBBA later this month.
Chons da

helpful people try to help other people regardless of knowledge or experience.
And that’s where the problem lies.
I was a surgeon. I was careful whose advice I took.
I try to carry that on into beekeeping advising people on issues only where I do have that knowledge or experience

Is he the only Irish person on this forum?
I am sure that all the Celtic Nations are well represented on this forum... as are many others of all nations, creeds and faiths... The Beekeeping Forum is quite impressively multicultural and international in fact, almost to be sure where there are beekeepers, one will be looking at this forum for friendship and advice.
Chons da

I am sure that all the Celtic Nations are well represented on this forum... as are many others of all nations, creeds and faiths... The Beekeeping Forum is quite impressively multicultural and international in fact, almost to be sure where there are beekeepers, one will be looking at this forum for friendship and advice.
Chons da
Welcome back friend... (y)

Jonathan Getty is Irish.
I would hazard that is why Apple posted what he did. I’m sure Jonathan would not take offence
]

I can go one better than that ... I was totally lost down in the Southern part of Ireland in the days way before GPS and I pulled into a country garage at a cross roads to ask if they could put me back on the right road. The nice man in the garage said ' Yes of course' when I told him where I wanted to get to .. He said.. 'It's easy and not far 'pointing out of the garage he said 'You need to turn left at the Airline and then follow the road for about three miles before turning left again' ... I looked out of the garage, couldn't see any signs of an airfield of any sort so I enquired which airline I was looking for Aer Lingus ? 'No' he said with a very amused expression... :'That would be de airline you pump yer tyres up wid' .... I felt VERY foolish ....

I think the Irish are very clever - they fool us English all the time with their logic. I once met Dave Allen on one of my travels- the greatest teller of Irish stories - as only an Irishman can - and in the course of our conversation I recounted my experience to him ... some years later I had the pleasure of seeing him on stage live and in his act he told my story ... a little embellished but far better than ever I did !!

I used to stay at a very nice hotel in Belfast when I went over (I travelled a lot in those days and knew my way around hotels and how the rooms numbers and floor systems worked) ...The first time I stayed there I checked in and got my key for room 426 and headed off to the lift with my luggage and went to press the lift button .for the 4th floor .. there was no 4th floor button ...

So I had it sussed (well seasoned traveller that I was), take the lift to the third floor and then the stairs up to the 4th ... Up I went ... out on the 3rd floor lift lobby - no sign of any stairs ? Room numbers 301 and so on stretching into the distance down the corridor but no stairs or signs indicating how to get to the 4th floor. Back down to reception I go... and asked the check in clerk if he could tell me how to get to the 4th floor ... he looked a bit taken aback and told me the hotel did not have a fourth floor. I was completely confused by this point ... so I said 'well how do I get to room 426 then ?'... Ah he said you need to go to the end of the third floor corridor and then the room numbers change to begin with 401 ... after room 335 you see ... I never did get to find out why ... there would be some logical explanation. Like I said - I'm sure the irish do it deliberately to confuse us mere mortals.

Having had Italians many years ago I would suggest trying some buckfast even to the point of getting hold of 1 or to isolated mated queens and producing your own queens from these. You could obviously do the same with carniolans if you have a decent suppler. If you don’t on average produce better results than you currently get I’ll eat my hat;)

Having had Italians many years ago I would suggest trying some buckfast even to the point of getting hold of 1 or to isolated mated queens and producing your own queens from these. You could obviously do the same with carniolans if you have a decent suppler. If you don’t on average produce better results than you currently get I’ll eat my hat;)
Thanks ian123(y)

Back