moved my hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barry

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi guys
havent written much on here, to busy reading the posts to learn more. me and the wife (tracy) got our first hive in july and up until last week had it in a open wooded area wwhere we shoot. didnt seem to be doing as well as we hoped but they were ok. got the go ahead to keep our bees at beth chatto gardens and moved them last saturday. been to see them today but to windy to go through properly so going back on monday. but great to see they were so busy and loads of different colour pollen going in. feel really privalaged to keep the bees their beth has shown at chelsea and is known throughout the world of gardening but most of all a beautiful place to keep them. now to get some more hives next spring ( if you see this thankyou beth).

we feel so lucky being able to keep our bees there, can't believe the amount of pollen they are taking into the hive at the mo but then they have a lot of flowers to choose from now, the bees must think they have died and gone to bee heaven. Obviously the hive is not in an area where the public have access too, they are sited in the stock area where they grow the plants on to sell and restock the gardens.

Do you have a swap deal? Honey for plants. I have a local nursery where we did a swap.
C

not sure yet as we have only been there for just over a week, have got to look into food hygiene and safety issues as they may want to sell our honey in their shop

Well done Barry and ? Tracey.

I attended Derek's class with you I think ( Des). Glad to hear you now have the bees. My bonus has been to extract 16 lb of honey last weekend. Lionel and I have 3 colonies more by luck than judgement. A really good year, still got may questions but Derek has continued to be helpful. I find this forum really good.

A good site you have at Beth's. I will look forward to spotting the hive as I usally visit in autumn.

Des

hi des
glad to hear its going well for you. sent you a friend request to keep in touch as not much going on at dereks over winter.

not sure yet as we have only been there for just over a week, have got to look into food hygiene and safety issues as they may want to sell our honey in their shop

This sounds like a win/win situation all round. I am not in any way envious.......
Hope the bees love that garden as much as I do.
C

Latest posts

Back